Due to high demand and limited supply, we cannot always guarantee that this item will be in stock. Turning Blanks come rough sawn to nominal thickness and are coated with wax.
- Tree: Deciduous with a spreading crown, varying in height from under 20 ft to over 50 ft. It has small, greenish-yellow flowers and little black berries, similar in appearance to buckthorn berries.
- Scientific Name: Berchemia zeyheri
- Native To: Southern Africa - Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa.
- Heartwood: Uniformly bright pink/pale red. Becomes orange to orange-brown over time.
- Sapwood: Nearly white.
- Grain: Straight to irregular.
- Texture: Fine.
- Luster: Low.
- Working Characteristics: Due to its density, Pink Ivory is difficult to work with hand tools. Keep tools sharp and pre-bore for fasteners.
- Turning: This is an excellent turnery wood and good for carving.
- Turning: Takes an excellent polish.
- Average Dried Weight: 62 lb/ft.
- Strength: Very strong and resists deflection.
|Manufacturer Part Number||PNK IVRY SCRDVR BLNK|
3 Review(s)View All
I used the pink ivory as...Posted October 12, 2010
Pink Ivory is great for turning....Posted December 21, 2008
Nice quality wood, but do not...Posted June 17, 2013