The Powermatic® 3520B is the third evolution of the time-honored lathe with many new and improved features. The 3520B retained all the features of the prior models such as the sliding headstock, electronic variable speed with low- and high-speed ranges and the spindle lock. The enhanced features include a digital RPM readout, built-in spindle indexing on the head stock and a redesigned tailstock with internal storage, chrome-trimmed handwheels and a laser-etched, self-ejecting quill. The tool rest assembly also has improved locking on a new profile tool rest that can accommodate an optional dust hood assembly that travels with the tool rest. Additional features include a set of dead centers to hold a spindle for visual comparison, a two-position mount for the optional bed extension, a sliding hammer knockout rod with brass tip, an attached tool caddy and a metal shelf for tool storage.
- Sliding headstock with electronic variable speed and digital RPM readout for accurate speed adjustments
- Spindle lock and built in spindle indexing on the headstock for drilling hole patterns, routing flutes, and other equally spaced features
- Set of dead centers which hold a spindle for visual comparison
- Redesigned tool rest geometry allows for better chisel movement along the too lrest
- Laser-etched quill is self ejecting
- Two-position mount for the optional bed extension
- Optional dust assembly that travels with the toolrest
- Brass tipped knockout bar concentrates the action in the sliding handle; the brass tip will not damage drive centers
- Attached tool caddy allows convenient access to centers, wrenches, etc.
- Tailstock has internal storage for additional accessories
- Chrome trimmed handwheels are ergonomic for a comfortable feel
- 2HP TEFC Motor
- Safety shield
- 3" face plate and face plate wrench
- 14" tool rest
- Multiple ball-bearing live center
- Brass tipped knockout rod
- Drive center
- Spindle lock
|Manufacturer Part Number||1352001|
|Speed Range||50 - 3200 RPM|
- Swing over bed: 20"
- Swing over tool rest base: 16"
- Distance between centers: 34-1/2"
- Headstock movement: Full length of bed
- Spindle taper: MT-2
- Tailstock quill travel: 4-1/2"
- Spindle threads: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Number of indexing positions: 48
- Centerline of spindle to floor: 44"
- Bed construction: Cast iron
- Motor phase: 1
- Motor voltage: 220v
- Motor current: 6.2 amps