- More Info
The best multi-faceted joinery system on the market! Produce "no-slop" through, half blind and sliding dovetails with a classic handcut look.
AC D24 Leigh Jig Accessory Kit Includes the following:
- Vacuum and router support (VRS)
- 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 11/16", 13/16" x 8 degree dovetail bits
- 7/16" x 1-1/4" CL straight, 1/2" x 1-1/4" CL straight bits
- 1/2" x 10 degree, 12 degree, and 18 degree dovetail bits
- 1/2" and 8mm shank bits, 1/2" to 8mm collet reducer
- Note: The accessory kit is sold separately (37453) or available with the D4R Pro Jig as a package (49623).
Comes with everything needed to get under way: 1/2" x 8° and 1/2" x 14° dovetail cutters and a 5/16" x 1" straight cutter (all 8mm shanks), a 1/2" to 8mm collet reducer, a 7/16" O.D. guide bushing*, a 160-page manual, and a 44-minute DVD. Router with a 1/2" collet required.
- Handles boards up to 24" wide and 1-1/4'' thick - all with infinite
adjustment of pin, tail width and spacing.
- Adjustable guidefingers mean you are never compelled to dimension
your work to suit the jig. Plan your project just as if you were going to cut
the joints by hand, then set up the jig to fit the work. You are never limited
to repetitive, clearly machine-made joints
- Works with almost any router, using the included Leigh template
- Includes two cutters, cam-action speed clamps, crosscut bar, angled
side stop, screwdriver, all mounting hardware, 168-page user guide and
50-minute instructional video.
- Constructed from extruded aluminum, the redesigned jig body now has fixed integral stops to ensure joint alignment and non-marring textured clamping surfaces.
- Quick-acting cams secure the work for precise machining. Built-in scales provide rapid and accurate fine adjustment for stock thickness and through-dovetail fit.
- The finger assembly is removable and flips to change from through to half-blind mode; this reversing action automatically positions the scale correctly.
Customer Reviews and Photos for:
Leigh D4R Pro 24'' Dovetail Jig
(10 customer reviews)
Add your review...
1) Submitted by
John DeVun, from Mandeville, LA
I am a novice woodworker getting back to my hobby after years of being on hiatus raising kids, work, life in general, etc. so this outfit was a long sought after luxury for me. Once set up and properly tuned, I did a test tail and pin set. A little tweak on the settings and I had a absolutely perfect fit on my second test. Marked the settings on the provided chart and now I am set to use it on my hunting chest I am making. I researched all of the other Dovetail jigs out there and decided to go with the best rated and most versatile system I could find. This is the outfit to buy and you will be glad you did. I know I am.
2) Submitted by
Adam Dlutowski, from Manchester, NH
Excellent Product. Outstanding Instruction. I have been a carpenter for many years mostly rough I wanted to try my hand at some furnature making. I looked at the Porter Cable unit but decided that if I was going to be serious about this endevour, I should purchase a jig that I can grow into not grow out of. I was impressed with the quick setup and pinpoint accuracy of the jig. What a pleasure to use. Thanks LEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) Submitted by
Jim Litterio, from Sterling, MA
I've been in the woodworking business for 35 years. I learned years ago from an old timer how to hand cut dovetails. I've spent many hours hand cutting pins and tails. I only wish that the old fella' who taught me how to hand cut dovetails was alive to see and use the DR4! I am completly blown away by the quality of the product as well as the quality of the work it produces. I would strongly suggest this product to amateurs as well as pros. it works.....
4) Submitted by
Bill, from Land, IL
An exceptional product--great workmanship--quality is unsurpassed. I should have bought one of these years ago instead of some of the junk that I did buy.
5) Submitted by
Wayne Johnson, from Lucerne, CA
I read a lot of ads & reviews for dovetail jigs & the Leigh Jig I bought exceeded my expectations. It does require a little time to get it set up but the instruction manual is put together so well it makes it so easy. I've made dozens of drawers,boxes etc. With excellent results. My Leigh D4R is by far the best jig I've ever used.
P.S. The customer service is excellent!
Dovetailed Blanket Chest
6) Submitted by
Jonathan Woytek, from New Kensington, PA
I purchased the D4R just a few weeks ago, in preparation for use on some table and cabinetry projects for drawer boxes and carcass joinery. I did my research before I purchased. Now, after making a number of test joints followed by a bunch of drawers, I'm glad I did! The D4R is wonderful. The initial setup might take a few test-cuts, but the setup is easily repeatable with the measurements and notes taken during the initial setup. I was quickly able to knock-out a set of drawer boxes with through-dovetailed backs and half-blind fronts in odd-sized stock, and everything came out perfectly. I am completely sold on this jig.
The D4R is an upgrade from the Rockler jig, which served me well but had its limitations. I'm glad I upgraded, and I wonder how I went this long without it!
7) Submitted by
Mike Sczepanik, from Santa Maria, CA
My first two trial projects. This product is great!
I will order the Finger Joints Template.
Home Routers and Accessories Dovetail Jigs and Dovetail Templates Leigh D4R Pro 24'' Dovetail Jig