- More Info
The ultimate miter cutting workstation for the table saw!
- Three-panel miter sled with patented Incra incremental angle
control delivers perfect, repeatable accuracy.
- Includes 36"-64" telescoping miter fence and dual flip stop.
- With 364 precision indexed angle stops over +/-90º to produce
perfect, gap-free miter joints on any multi-sided object.
- Will crosscut a 25" W board with full control on a standard 10"
- Steel GlideLOCK miter bar has 10 width adjustment points for zero
side play and anti-friction travel.
- Integral hold-down clamping system locks workpiece onto the sled for
maxium accuracy and the cleanest cuts possible.
- Renewable right panel provides zero-clearance tear-out control and
cut-off support on both sides of the blade.
- Two aluminum T-tracks are embedded in the MDF panel top to secure
hold-down clamp and provide rigid support for the fence.
Customer Reviews and Photos for:
Incra Miter 5000 Sled
(6 customer reviews)
Add your review...
1) Submitted by
Mike Krueger, from Bedford, NH
I fully agree with the other 5-star reviews. Like the other Incra products I have purchased, the 5000 has great accuracy and many design elements that show that Incra is thinking through the practical issues that come up in the shop. If you are comparing this to a conventional sled, however, note that (1) the workpiece is not supported from the back on both sides of the blade and (2) a stop-block can be done only on the fence side of the blade. The 5000 is essentially a panel cutting sled that can miter or a miter with a zero-cutoff sled, depending on your point of view. Also note that the 5000 is shipped assembled for a right-tilt saw while the above photo of the product (at least right now) shows the miter remounted and fence converted for use with a left-tilt saw. Instructions for this change are included in the manual.
2) Submitted by
Larry Schultz, from Snow Hill, NC
Initially, I was concerned about paying this much money for a cut-off sled; but I needed to miter cut some melamine shelving board for a gumball display, and couldn't do it with just my table saw. This product is fantastic! It is worth much more, when you consider the resulting cut quality and angle adjustability that I needed, when making cuts on an octogon shaped display. I only wish that I had this many years ago. My motto is..."If you buy quality, you can make quality!"
3) Submitted by
Mike, from Vineland, NJ
What a fantastic product this is! I ordered mine from Rockler and set it up this past weekend. Setup took me about 1.5 hours because I wanted to get this thing perfect. I am using mine on a Delta contractor's saw with a Freud crosscut blade and I couldn't be happier. Incra makes wonderful products and if you are a "weekend" woodworker or a seasoned professional, this sled won't disappoint. I can't stress enough that you need to follow the directions carefully. Once the initial setup and squaring are done, you are ready to roll. I can't wait to make something using this sled.
4) Submitted by
Jeff Kiehne, from Rio Rancho, NM
This sled is amazing, it produces great ZERO tearout cuts even in multicore wood. The adjustability in 0.5deg. increments is truly a feat in itself. I would highly recomend this product.
5) Submitted by
Sal Giambruno, from Southern California, CA
Great sled and miter gauge - provides for very accurate cuts and extremely sensitive adjustability in setup and use. However,
1) It would be nice if Incra had provided separate setup instructions for right tilt and left tilt table saw configurations. They only provide specific instructions which assume a right tilt configuration, with an addendum that asks you to do some left-right brain juggling if you want to set up a left-tilt configuration.
2) Most importantly, be sure to check that your new Incra fence is straight as claimed by the manufacturer. I couldn't believe my eyes when I put a precision straight edge up against my fence and found a good 1/16" bow (no kidding, a considerable, visible bulge) on the face of the fence. On the bright side, Rockler promptly and without argument replaced my fence. As a famous president once said, "trust (the claims), but verify."
6) Submitted by
JT Thomas, from The Woodlands, TX
This sled is amazing! I have almost stopped using my miter saw and radial arm saw after using this sled. The accuracy is perfect and it can be used to repeat cuts using the dual flip stops.
I also have the Incra precision fence. A table saw with these 2 add-ons can do just about anything.
Home Power Tools and Shop Accessories Table Saws and Table Saw Accessories Table Saw Miter Gauges, Tenoning Jigs and Fences Incra Miter 5000 Sled