- More Info
Among the most durable of protective coatings, Minwax® Fast-Drying
Polyurethane offers long-lasting beauty on both finished and unfinished
wood. Fast-drying formula allows you to recoat in only 4-6 hours for fast
build-up. Perfect for furniture, cabinets, molding, doors and any other
surface that needs long-lasting protection. Available in gloss, semi-gloss and
Instructions for use:
- Surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint,
wax, grease, polish, dirt or other foreign matter.
- Sand to obtain a smooth uniform surface. Remove all dust with a
cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
- Stir Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane before and during use to
eliminate settling on the bottom of the can. Stir in such a manner as to rotate
the product from the bottom to the top of the can. NEVER SHAKE.
- Apply a THIN coat of Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane using a
high-quality natural or foam brush.
- Let dry 3-4 hours. Then lightly sand entire surface with fine sand-
paper (220 grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion. Remove all
- Apply second coat. If third coat is desired, repeat step 5 before
After final coat, allow 24 hours before light use.
- 2-3 coats recommended; recoat after 4-6 hours.
- Apply with a natural bristle brush, foam brush, or lambswool applicator.
- For easy clean-up use mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- Clean up with mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- COVERAGE: Approximately 80 square feet per pint, or 125 square feet per quart.
Customer Reviews and Photos for:
Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane
(4 customer reviews)
Add your review...
1) Submitted by
Jack, from Excelsior, MN
I've used Minwax products for over 35 years from stains to polyurethane amd have never been disappointed. I'll use nothing else, period.
2) Submitted by
Walt, from Lake Elsinore, CA
I am a plastic model builder who uses this product as a clear coat. It is incredibly durable and stands up well to all types of solvents. I have also used it on some wood working projects and love the ease of application, quick dry time and the durability of the finish.
3) Submitted by
John, from Westminster, CA
I have tried many brands of polyurethane, and this is the best. It self levels extremely well, better than any brand I've tried - thus giving a very smooth finish. It's also a little faster drying than others, therefore giving fewer dust nibs.
4) Submitted by
Kim, from Oak Park, CA
This is a durable, fast drying finish that I use on furniture that will take some abuse, like my son's desk. Since this product can no longer be sold in the state where I live, I tried another well known, similar product with bad results (extended drying time between coats, bubbles and an uneven finish). I now depend on Rockler to deliver to my door. My only complaint is that the last shipment arrived with all cans dented, but still useable.
Home Finishing, Sanding, and Glues Clear Finishes Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane