Heavy-Duty 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP) EVS Fixed Base / Plunge Router Combo Kit w/ Soft Start
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12 amp electronic variable speed motor provides the power to rout smoothly
- Micro-fine depth adjustment ring provides precise depth adjustments in 1/64" increments
- Integral, though-the-column dust collection
- DW618M motor pack
- DW6184 fixed base
- DW6182 plunge base
- 1/4" and 1/2" collets
- sub-base concentricity gauge
Features & Benefits:
- 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP), 12.0 Amp electronic variable speed motor provides the power to rout smoothly through the toughest hardwoods
- Electronic variable speed with full feedback control for constant speed under load from 8,000-24,000 rpm and soft start to reduce start-up torque for enhanced control
- Micro-fine depth adjustment ring provides precise depth adjustments in 1/64" increments and adjusts vertically for a constant switch/cordset location
- Adjustable, tool-free steel motor cam lock makes depth adjustment and base changes quick and solid-locking
- Integral, through-the-column dust collection collects 95% of the dust and provides superior bit visibility
- Quick release motor latches for fast and easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes
Customer Reviews and Photos for:
Dewalt DW618PK Heavy-Duty 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP) EVS Fixed Base/Plunge Router Combo Kit w/Soft Start
(3 customer reviews)
Add your review...
1) Submitted by
William, from Camas, WA
Although I originally bought this kit for the fixed base, which features a low squat stance for good control, the plunge base is a dream to use.
The fixed base lived up to expectations, with good ergonomics and plenty of power. It is an extremely accurate machine, as evidenced by perfect fitting dovetails. One of the baseplates accepts standard P.C. style guide bushings, which is required for cutting dovetails. The other base has a wide opening for larger bits. The baseplates are interchangable.
The plunge base is a real gem. I reach for it often and perform detailed inlays using an inlay bushing set. Once the baseplate is centered, the plunge base cut perfect inlays every time. This is one combo kit plunge router that is as good as any dedicated plunge router I have used.
I also have the D-handle base, but don't use that much.
The motor offers variable speed - a great feature for improved control. I have used this router regularly for over two years, and it is a great machine.
2) Submitted by
Dave Atwater, from Cedar Rapids, IA
I put a lot of thought into this purchase after spending a year with my inherited Craftsman router and table. I am thrilled with the level of performance, flexibility, confidence, and feeling of safety I have with this unit. Excellent value!
3) Submitted by
Chris McClard, from Hot Springs, AR
Best router I've ever owned. I use the fixed base in a jointer jig I made and the plunge base in a home made router table. With the tool-free cam lock system being so fast its like getting 2 routers for the price of one. The variable speed adjustment lets me fine tune each bit for the best results. I love this router and would recommend it to anyone. Stop paying harded earned money for junk routers and get the DW618PK you wont regret it.
Home Routers and Accessories Routers Dewalt DW618PK Heavy-Duty 2-1/4 HP (maximum motor HP) EVS Fixed Base/Plunge Router Combo Kit w/Soft Start