- More Info
Stir, pour, and store in an instant with one ingenious tool!
The Mixing Mate® Paint Lid makes mixing and pouring paints and finishes as easy and mess-free as pouring syrup from a restaurant-style dispenser. Forget the lid opener, stir stick, punching holes in the rim with a nail and hammer, paint pouring down the side of the can, and trying to bang the lid back onto a gummed up rim without deforming it. The Mixing Mate® Paint Lid eliminates all of these problems.
Whether you're pouring paint into a tray, or stain and varnish into your paint gun, you'll appreciate the easy, drip-free action offered by the Mixing Mate®. Simply crank the handle, press the thumb lever and pour. No drips, no mess, no wasted finish. The auger-style mixing paddle lifts pigments from the bottom of the can, doing in seconds what would take minutes with a messy, wasteful stir stick. And when you're done, simply set the can back on the shelf for storage. Also available from Rockler, the Mixing Mate® Gallon Size Paint Lid.
- Pistol grip handle makes pouring paint easy and ergonomic.
- Tool-free cam clamps securely anchor the Mixing Mate® Paint Lid to any standard quart size paint canister - simply twist to secure.
- Spring-loaded spout seals up tight after each pour - set it on the shelf and you're done until next time.
- Lid gasket ensures a tight, leak-proof seal to the paint or finishing can.
- The Mixing Mate® Paint Lid is constructed of non-metal components, making it completely compatible with water-borne finishes and latex paints, as well as solvent-based finishes.
- A few seconds of cranking the paddle mixes finishes much more thoroughly then minutes of mixing with a stir stick.
- Auger-shaped paddle lifts and mixes solids and pigments that have settled on the bottom of the canister for a more even-toned finish.
- If you want to switch the Mixing Mate® to a different can, the Mixing Mate's paddle, handle and lid separate for easy cleaning.
- Fits any standard one-quart can of paint, stain or varnish.
What's in the Box?
(1) Quart-Size Mixing Mate® Paint Lid
Customer Reviews and Photos for:
Mixing Mate® Paint Lid, Quart Size - Stir, Pour, and Store!
(5 customer reviews)
Add your review...
1) Submitted by
Renaud, from Los Angeles, CA
I bought the Quart Size and will buy the Gallon Size. This product is very well designed and was a pleasant surprise. The surprise is not that it works great: Rockler has always been good at spotting innovative products with superior design and functionalities! Product descriptions and videos are usually very informative and I found user reviews to be truthful and genuine. No, the surprise is that the packaging read "Made in France". I happen to be French and I still have most of my relatives there.
2) Submitted by
Jesse, from Royston, GA
I bought four of these in the spring hoping to save on finish and convenience. I put finish in the unit in mid summer and used it today again and the finish was as good as it was when I put it in the unit.
3) Submitted by
Ryan, from Buena Park, CA
Amazing product, makes working with auto paint so much easier. Makes it extremely convenient to mix up the paint and poor small controlled amounts into mixing cups. Especially nice when considering small volumes needed for touch ups. Less waste, less mess, easy access, great product.
4) Submitted by
Josh W, from Los Angeles, CA
I picked this up on Saturday after looking it over. At first I was dubious, but after using it on a can of paint - that had been sitting for a year or so, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Granted I mixed it for a while by hand, but in the end all the stuff I had tried to mix with a mixing stick the week before came up and was re-infused into the paint.
5) Submitted by
Steve Gaudette, from Portland , OR
I used to waste more varnish then I would use. This is a great product that will save money and time.
Home Finishing, Sanding, and Glues Brushes, Gloves, and Finishing Supplies Mixing Mate® Paint Lid, Quart Size - Stir, Pour, and Store!