A perfect starter set, this straight bit set includes four of the most useful cut diameters of this popular router bit type: 1/4'', 3/8'', 1/2'', and 3/4''. Bits are designed to produce a 1" cut depth. The precision balanced router bits are made from top grade carbide and have a baked-on anti-stick coating to reduce pitch and resin buildup. These workhorse bits are suitable for use with a handheld or table-mounted router.
What’s in the Box
Optional Router Bit Sets Available...
Rabbeting Bit Set
Biscuit Cutter Set
Round Over Bit Set
you are not 100% satisfied with these bits, send them back for a refund.
It's easy to prevent mishaps if you take a few simple precautions.
1) Rockler recommends using 1/2'' shank router bits whenever possible. 1/2'' shanks provide better stability with less vibration to produce a smoother cut and longer cutter life.
2) Make multiple light passes rather than one heavy cut.
3) Install your router bit so that 90% of the shank is inside the collet. Here's a rule of thumb: fully insert the bit, then pull it back 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch.
4) Use a router table whenever possible.
5) When using large diameter bits, reduce the RPM of your router. Then test your set-up on scrap lumber.
6) Always follow your router manufacturer's recommendations.
|Quantity||Item Number||Item||Stock Status||Price|
4-Piece Straight Bit Set