Instead of chopping at the wood fibers at a 90° angle, the shear angle cutters on these bits slice through stock at a slight angle, producing a smoother cut than traditional straight-fluted bits. The unique design also helps eliminate tear-out problems that occur when routing end-grain or cross-grain on hardwoods.
fantastic value on high quality router bits. These bits are
competitively priced while offering high performance and long
Quality performance features include:
It's easy to prevent mishaps if you take a few simple precautions.
1) Rockler recommends using 1/2'' shank router bits whenever possible. 1/2'' shanks provide better stability with less vibration to produce a smoother cut and longer cutter life.
2) Make multiple light passes rather than one heavy cut.
3) Install your router bit so that 90% of the shank is inside the collet. Here's a rule of thumb: fully insert the bit, then pull it back 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch.
4) Use a router table whenever possible.
5) When using large diameter bits, reduce the RPM of your router. Then test your set-up on scrap lumber.
6) Always follow your router manufacturer's recommendations.
|Quantity||Item Number||Item||Stock Status||Price|
2 Flute Shear Flush Trim Bit, 3/4'' Dia. x 1-1/2'' Cutter x 1/2'' Shank
2 Flute Double Bearing Shear Flush Trim Bit 3/4'' Dia x 1-1/2'' Cutter x 1/2'' Shank