Avoid a tedious setup when you want to trim precise amounts of wood off doors and large panels. These kits use razor-sharp shear-cutting bits along with different bearing combinations to remove exactly 1/16", 1/8", or 3/16" of material in just two router passes—all without a straightedge! Each kit includes one carbide router bit and five bearings to set up the various depths of cut. The Small Bit Kit is perfect for trimming stock up to 1" thick, while the Large Bit Kit can handle doors and panels up to 2" thick. Click the "Videos" tab above to see how this kit will save you time!
Small Bit Kit includes the following:
Large Bit Kit includes the following:
fantastic value on high quality router bits. These bits are
competitively priced while offering high performance and long
Quality performance features include:
larger bits are designed to be used in a router
Router Bit Set-Up Jigs - Set your router bit to the precise height every time! Simply bring the router bit up through the table and align the jig with the cutting edge of the bit.
It's easy to prevent mishaps if you take a few simple precautions.
1) Rockler recommends using 1/2'' shank router bits whenever possible. 1/2'' shanks provide better stability with less vibration to produce a smoother cut and longer cutter life.
2) Make multiple light passes rather than one heavy cut.
3) Install your router bit so that 90% of the shank is inside the collet. Here's a rule of thumb: fully insert the bit, then pull it back 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch.
4) Use a router table whenever possible.
5) When using large diameter bits, reduce the RPM of your router. Then test your set-up on scrap lumber.
6) Always follow your router manufacturer's recommendations.
|Quantity||Item Number||Item||Stock Status||Price|
Small Trim Router Bit Kit, 3/4'' Dia. x 1'' L, for 1'' Thick Doors
Large Trim Router Bit Kit, 1'' Dia. x 2'' L, for 2'' Thick Doors