Blum® 110° Soft-Close BLUMotion Clip Top Overlay Hinges for Frameless Cabinets
Eliminate banging cabinet doors with the smooth, whisper-soft closing action of new BLUMotion hinges!
Virtually invisible damping mechanism in the much-loved Clip Top hinge design. 3-way adjustability and clip-on ease of the original. Each hinge has a switch for turning the soft-close feature on or off. Smooth, whisper-soft closing action paired with an equally graceful appearance make the new BLUMotion hinges a standout for visual and tactile aesthetics. No more rattling glasses and banging cabinet doors and no bulky apparatus on the outside of the hinge. Switching off one hinge on smaller, lighter doors allows the same soft-close speed throughout your kitchen. Self-lubricating with a full 110° opening angle. Compatible with doors up to 1'' thick. Hinges include sleek screw caps as well as hinge plates for various overlays.
Note: Due to the new hinging action of the soft-close hinge, the original Clip Tops and Soft-Close Clip Tops may not be combined in the same door.
Also available from Rockler:
- Soft close feature engages at a generous 30 degrees for the gentlest close.
- New geometry allows for 1'' door thickness.
- Full three-way adjustment.
- 35mm cup.
- Required depth for cup hole is 13mm.
- If existing hole is less than 13mm deep, shims are available that allow retrofitting without reboring (sold separately, #35245).
- Angle restriction clips (sold separately, #31075) are also available to prevent doors from colliding with adjacent walls and cabinets when opened.
What's in the Box?
Pair of Blum 110° Soft-Close BLUMotion Clip Top Overlay Hinges for Frameless Cabinets, mounting screws with screw caps, mounting plate and instructions
The Rockler Advantage:
- Hinges are sold by the pair
- Mounting screws are included
- Mounting plates are included
- Step - by - Step instructions
- Expert guidance and tech support at
- See below for a large selection of JIG-ITs to make installation a breeze
- Blum hinges are preferred throughout the world by cabinetmakers, kitchen manufacturers and consumers.
- Rockler is proud to have offered Blum Hinges for nearly 20 years.
- Blum is ISO 9001 certified which means that you are assured of consistent quality in every Blum hinge.
- All Blum hinges are backed with a lifetime guarantee
|Here's something to consider when selecting hinges...
Look at your cabinet design before selecting hinges. On Eurostyle cabinets,
hinges are attached directly to the cabinet side. This gives you the option
of fully overlaying, half overlaying or insetting the door within the opening,
as shown below:
If you decide to use an overlay cabinet design, select full overlay hinges
for the ends and half overlay hinges in the middle of a row of cabinets.
Inset doors are recessed into the cabinet carcass to create a completely
flush, clean-lined look.
|Self-closing hinges are an ideal for cabinets. The built-in spring pulls the door closed and holds it in a closed position, eliminating the need for catches.
Soft-closing hinges have an adjustable action that, when your door is pushed closed, automatically takes over and brings your door to a whisper-soft close.
Free-swing hinges are most often used in furniture applications, rather than cabinet applications.
the chart to determine how many hinges you'll need for the height and weight
of your door.
that is 43'' high and weighs 14 lbs. requires three hinges. If your door
is only 24'' high but weighs 14 lbs., go with three hinges for maximum
support and stability.
on 5/8'' - 3/4'' doors unless otherwise noted.