Tried & True Varnish Oil, Pint
An excellent finish for the finest of furniture, Tried and True Varnish Oil is a semi-gloss topcoat that builds durability and sheen with each application. It has excellent abrasion and scratch resistance and takes a high polish, if such is desired. Made from highly polymerized linseed oil fortified with natural resin varnish, which is derived from pine sap.
- Tried & True Varnish Oil is a unique blend of highly refined polymerized linseed oil and natural resin varnish. The resin is modified pine sap (a modified ester of Rosin that is non-toxic and food safe).
- Formula comes from 19th century varnish making techniques.
- Varnish Oil is a fine furniture finish with a high resin content and will produce a beautiful semi-gloss sheen.
- Varnish Oil builds gloss, depth, and durability with each coat.
- This finish will take an excellent polish making it the ultimate hand rubbed finish.
- Varnish Oil, like all of our polymerized linseed oil finishes, gets harder and more durable with age.
Directions for Use:
- Apply thin coats. It is almost impossible to use too little.
- Allow the finish to sit on the surface about 1 hour.
- Wipe dry and buff.
- Consult the label for instructions on how to dispose of wiping cloths.
- Two or three coats is usually enough on vertical surfaces.
- Table tops or similar applications should get a minimum of three coats.
- Buff with a soft, clean cloth to maintain the shine.
What's in the Box?
(1) Pint of Tried and True Varnish Oil