Pen Turner's Workbook, 3rd Edition
Learn to create—and sell—exquisite custom-made pens. If you're looking for exciting pen turning projects and the most up-to-date information available on tools, materials, and techniques, you'll find it all in this definitive guide. Expert pen turner Barry Gross shows you how to craft fine writing implements for yourself and your customers in a completely revised and expanded new edition.
Table of Contents:
- 18 customizable pen turning projects.
- Gorgeous new color photographs.
- Covers amazing advanced materials such as Acrywood, Trustone, Inlace Acrylester and more.
- 134 pages
What's in the Box?
- Part 1 Gallery of Pens
- Part 2 Pen Turning Basics
- Chapter 1 Setting Up Shop
- Chapter 2 Selecting Materials
- Chapter 3 Pen Plating and Styles
- Chapter 4 Pen Blank Preparation
- Chapter 5 Pen Turning Tool Techniques
- Chapter 6 Dyeing and Staining
- Part 3 Turning Wooden Pens
- Project 1 Slimline Pen
- Project 2 Wire-Bumed-Band Slimline Pen
- Project 3 Corian Center-Banded Slimline Pen
- Project 4 Double-Dyed Buckeye Burl Comfort Pen
- Project 5 Acrywood Electra Rollerball Pen
- Project 6 Spalted Tiger Oak Gatsby Click Pen
- Project 7 Lacewood Cigar Pen
- Part 4 Turning Pens from Other Materials
- Project 1 Cigar Corian Pen
- Project 2 Acrylic Scrap Sectional Gatsby Pen Turned Between Centers (TBC)
- Project 3 Phoenix Cholla Cactus Pen
- Project 4 Electra Acrywood Rollerball Pen
- Project 5 Gelwriter Classic Click Deer Antler Pen
- Project 6 Inlace Genesis Electra Rollerball Pen
- Part 5 Turning Advanced Pens
- Project 1 Segmented Pen
- Project 2 Closed-End Amboyna Burl Statesman Pen
- Project 3 Single Cross Pen
- Project 4 Laser Pen Kits
- Project 5 Casting Clear Acrylic Pen Blanks
- Part 6 FAQs and Troubleshooting
- Part 7 Marketing
(1) Book, Pen Turner's Workbook, 3rd Edition