Routers and Router Tables (Book)
Master the most versatile tool in your shop! Your router is capable of shaping profiles, making duplicate copies, flush-trimming, and cutting nearly every joint used to build cabinets and furniture. This comprehensive guide from the editors of Fine Woodworking will show you how best to put that router to use. You'll find all the key approaches here, from using the basic edge guide to working with template guides, smart fences, and the king of all router jigs: the router table. With Fine Woodworking Routers and Router Tables you'll be a router pro in no time.
Learn how to:
Table of Contents:
- Cut edge profiles, joinery, and curves quickly and cleanly.
- Create flawless moldings.
- Make perfect raised-panel doors.
- Create elegant furniture parts
- Repeat shapes consistently, quickly and precisely.
Part One - Routers and Bits
Part Two – Router Tables
- How Many Routers Does Your Shop Need?
- Trim Routers
- Heavy-Duty Plunge Routers
- Ten Essential Router Bits
- Upgrade Your Router with Shop-Built Bases
Part Three – Router Jigs and Techniques
- Router-Table Basics
- A Versatile Router Table
- Space-Saving Router Table
- Rock-Solid Router Table
- Handheld Routing
- Essential Jigs for the Router Table
- Five Smart Router Jigs
- Versatile Mortising Jig
- Templates Guide the Way
- A Guide to Guide Bushings
- Climb Cutting: Don't Believe the Naysayers
- Eight Tips for Flawless Moldings
- Taper Your Sliding Dovetails for Easier Assembly
- Level Big Slabs in No Time Flat
What's in the Box?
(1) Book, Routers and Router Tables