Ready 2 Rout Electronic Fence Positioner
With computer-controlled precision, repeatable fence settings stored in memory, a pre-installed suite of apps, and many more to come, this first-ever electronic router fence ushers the humble router table into the "smart" era. Woodworkers used to endlessly tapping and bumping their fences will appreciate the ease and simplicity of pressing only a few buttons to dial in a setting. Simply zero out the fence, and every adjustment afterwards is accomplished with the onboard touch-screen interface and a precision lead screw with anti-backlash. Three ''apps'' are included for box joints, dadoes, half-blind dovetails, plus step-and-repeat functions such as those for fluted columns and beadboard. The fence works without a computer attached, but a USB port on the back allows you to easily install additional apps and update software. Made in USA.
- More apps will be available in the future to further enhance the versatility of your Ready2Rout!
- Accurate to within 0.001-inch.
- Perfect repeatability for joinery such as dadoes, half-blind dovetails and box joints, andfor decorative elements such as flutes.
- A stroke of the touch screen commands the fence to move to its next position - perfect for step-and-repeat operations.
- To space and cut box joints, simply enter the diameter of your bit and the width of your workpiece and the system automatically positions the fence for the cuts.
- Touch screen can be used to indicate the router bit width, and to convert to metric decimals or fractions. For example, you can use a 1/4-inch bit to rout a 12mm dado without complicated calculations or measurements.
- Firmware updates are made via USB port on the rear of the fence
- Tight-tolerance lead screw precisely moves the fence in relation to the bit.
- Fence travels up to 9 ¾'' without repositioning the rail.
- Up to six fence positions can be saved in the system's memory so you can come back later and repeat the operations.
- Note: The Ready2Rout Fence does not control router bit height. The bit height is set in the conventional manner.
- Made in the USA
- 1 year warranty
To use the Touch Plate, plug one end into the controller, attach the magnet to the collet, and lower the router bit onto the touch plate. Constructed of durable metal and precision-machined for accuracy.
|Manufacturer Part Number||READY2ROUT|
(1) CNC Touch Plate
3 Review(s)View All
Great productPosted January 11, 2014
Nice FencePosted November 26, 2013
As for the downsides, well, there’s no switch which is kind of weird and I thought the way you did the updates was strange, but after doing it once I found it was pretty easy. I wish they would have made the fence a standard two piece, as I cannot get a panel raising bit into it, though with some thought it seems pretty simple to add something to the face of the fence. I haven’t figured out how to do through dovetails yet.
Overall, I like the fence, I can’t wait to see what else they can come up with….
Nickel-and-dime "upgrades"Posted July 15, 2014