- Fixed detents for the most popular bevel angles: 90°, 80°, 60°, 45°, 35°, 30°, 25°, 20°, 15°.
- User can easily bypass the presets and set a custom angle.
- Sharpening is extremely rapid, so there is no fear of over-heating and consequently damaging your tools.
- Sharpening surface can be easily tilted back at any angle for maximum user comfort.
- No complex assembly required; the ProEdge is ready to use right out of the box.
- The ProEdge is a compact, well-engineered unit that can be located anywhere in the workshop.
- Use ProEdge aluminum oxide sharpening belts for bench and carving chisels, knives and plane irons.
- Use ProEdge zirconium sharpening belts for HSS turning tools, drill bits and router bits.
- Use ProEdge ceramic sharpening belts for rapid, heavy-duty sharpening.
- 1/2 hp (375w) motor.
- 700 ft (220m) per minute belt speed.
To make sharpening even more accurate, the ProEdge Plus (26342) includes these accessories:
- A skew jig to give the correct presentation angle for turners' skew chisels.
- A gouge jig in the format of a V-block to prevent pivoting when sharpening a turners' gouge. This also works as a square jig for presenting square tools at 90 degrees to the sharpening belt.
- A fingernail profiler to create swept back wings on a turners' gouge.
|Manufacturer Part Number||WPED01C|
(1) ProEdge Plus Sharpening Unit (PED01)
(1) Skew Chisel Jig
(1) Standard Gouge Jig
(1) Fingernail Gouge Profiler
(3) Assorted Sharpening Belts
1 Review(s)View All
Good, but incomplete.Posted February 18, 2014
Out of the gate, this is pretty perfect for HSS turning tools, watch the youtube videos and you will be fine.
Where I think it is skimped is the accessories. There is a fair amount included, but for the price, it feels a bit much. I have carving tools as well that I wanted to sharpen, but the angle plate is too deep. You haee to buy another plate that is shallower and doesn't have the guides in the little miter slot.
All in all, it was a good purchase and I didn't regret it, I just think it is overpriced.