- Steel core for strength and vibration-dampening.
- Knurled aluminum ends for corrosion resistance and balance.
- Core is hollow, allowing shank to be inserted to deepest possible depth, reducing flexing and chatter.
- Durable Softex grip for extra comfort.
- Hex-head set screws are capped with brass to prevent damage to your turning tools.
- All handles will take turning chisels with a 5/8" diameter shaft.
- 3/8", 1/2" and Tang collets are available separately to accept a wide variety of turning tool shanks. (Note: American-made tools are measured by bar diameter while European brands are measured by flute size. So the 3/8" collet is designed for a European 1/4" gouge, the 1/2" collet for a European 3/8" gouge, and a European 1/2" gouge will fit directly into the Sovereign handle).
- Use the 1/2" collet (47155, sold separately) for the TurnMaster shanks (e.g. 45649, sold separately).
- For extra weight at the butt end, when used with very large chisels, for example, the Sovereign Counterweight (20541, sold separately) can be inserted inside the handle.
- When additional rotational control is required, the Sovereign Side Handle (30744, sold separately) can be attached to the 16" and 22" models.
- The Threaded Coupler (26168, sold separately) can be used to join any two Sovereign Handles for extra length.
1 Review(s)View All
Pleased with these handlesPosted September 5, 2014