Some of the pickiest machining operations require a jig that won't lift or tip in the slightest, and that's where the new Rockler Dovetail Miter Bar excels. With its 14° wedge-shaped profile, it holds your jig firmly to the work surface for precision, consistency and repeatability where lifting is a concern. Whether you're cutting box joints, finger joints or thickness planing with a router, adding a Dovetail Miter Bar to your jig will increase accuracy and reduce production time. The uses of this one are limited only by your imagination. Sold in 18" or 24" lengths, the Dovetail Miter Bars can easily be cut shorter if needed.
- Rockler Dovetail Miter Bars are designed to match the profile of our 5/8" Diameter, 14 degree Dovetail Router Bit (91089, sold separately), but it will also match virtually any 5/8" 14° dovetail bit.
- 1/8" tab along the bottom edge of the Dovetail Miter Bar fits into a saw kerf to prevent slippage, and to increase the strength.
- Screws not included, since screw length would vary too much for different applications.
- For 3/4" material, we recommend using #6 1" screws.
- For the lowest possible friction while sliding the jig, use with nylon tape (e.g. 70615).
- When using nylon tape on your jigs, be sure to make allowances for the thickness of the tape when you rout the dovetail channel.