Continuous, Unbroken Letters Make this Font Unique! The templates eliminate the need to "split" the font for letters such as A, B, and D, as a way of securing the "eye" in the middle. With our clever 2-stage system, you get neat, whole letters, with no seams.
Kerning Spacers Ensure Consistent Letter Spacing Every Time! Kerning allows letters with top or bottom heavy shapes to overlap each others space, eliminating awkwardly large spaces.
Our Sign Making Wizard is a convenient way to map out your letters. Simply enter your sign word or phrase and the wizard will create a custom routing plan including a visual guide to the sequence of templates needed and the number of passes required to rout the letters. Still not convinced this is the best way to create authentic, unique signs? Read the HomeFixated Review for more details.
- The State Park Sign Making System includes 99 template pieces and a brass guide bushing.
- Included letters are for capitals only.
- Template pieces are 3/32" thick.
- Choose from two letter heights: 2-1/4" and 3-3/8" (dimensions are for actual routed letters).
- Included letters: A, A, B, C, D, E, E, F, G, H, I, I, J, K, L, L, M, M, N, N, O, O, P, P, Q, R, R, S, S, T, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.
- Included numbers: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 0, 0.
- Included symbols: !, @, #, $, ', ?, ., /, &.
- Includes detailed instructions for two template system and optional kerning.
- 2-1/4" Kit (#48356) requires 3/8" Signmaker's Carbide Router Bit (36676, sold separately) and a router with a perforated base.
- 3-3/8" Kit (#43820) requires 5/8" Signmaker's Carbide Router Bit (32443, sold separately) and a router with a perforated base.
- The uniquely designed sign making router bits (sold separately) are specially for signmaking applications. They have a flatter bottom to prevent peaks in the routed letters.
- Recommended for use with plunge router.
(1) Specially-designed brass guide bushing (3/8" guide bushing for 2-1/4" Kit; 5/8" guide bushing for 3-3/8" Kit)
(1) Set of detailed instructions
24 Review(s)View All
Very happy with itPosted July 6, 2014
Observations & comments:
I'm using blue painter's tape with no problems and it doesn't leave any residue on the templates. Easy to cut a letter out to insert the other part & re-tape back to the rest of the letters.
I ordered a couple extra letters so I could make my 1st sign in one long strip. I'm definitely curious as to why the individual letters are so expensive. If you really needed many more, just buy a 2nd set - 26 letters, 10 numbers & special characters separately would be over $100!
The alpha "O" and the number zero are the same shape in the templates. The cutout for O-1 & 0-A match as do O-2 & 0-B yet the picture on the template has the alpha "O" more rounded as it should be. My set has the corrected "G" which is a good improvement.
I good trick to get more letters than you have, as I needed, is to use the 1 and 2 separately, then reversed them on the 2nd pass.
I hope there are more of these coming - different fonts, maybe. I would especially like a way to "build" borders with different corner shapes that you could connect as needed.
It might be helpful for a particular sign to be able to link a letter from the 3 3/8 set in front of the smaller set to look like a capital or just for effect. I don't have the larger set, so I don't know if there is room to have a hook/link to match up with the smaller ones.
For my needs, this is a great find.
Love It!!Posted May 6, 2014
Editor's note: Letters are available separately through customer service at 800-376-7856
Makes Great SignsPosted April 6, 2014
bottom. Then covered the template with another board & clamped them together for about 3 minutes. Unclamp &
rout the sign. Makes it so easy to change the templates for the next pass. Works great.