This versatile gauge lets you make perfect hairline layout marks both with and across wood grain. The hardened steel cutting wheel is beveled on one side, creating a natural pull that forces the face of the gauge against your work piece for straight, wander-free marks. Features a solid brass body, knurled lock nut, graduated scales and a recess to protect the cutter in storage.
- Shaft has graduated scales (1 mm and 1/8 inch increments) for easy reference
- Doubles as a depth gauge
- Great for quick measurement transfers
- Wheel retracts into face of the gauge for protection and easy vertical storage
- Free-spinning wheel cuts wood fibers - doesn't tear them
- Designed for comfortable one-handed operation
- Balanced feel
- Precision machined solid-brass body and knurled lock nut
- 8" long shaft
Works the way it was intended.Posted January 9, 2014
One review about .0025 wasn't good enough so it was worked down to .0016, if you're marking something that precise you should use a computer.
As for the cutter wobbling, mine tightened up fine, but I was looking to put a small thin washer to tighten it up. As for how sharp it is? It doesn't need to be razor sharp to make a mark. And the thumbscrew not tightening down, I don't know what to say about that, and the description of the tool tells the measurement scale. If it's not precise enough you maybe should have looked for something more precise.
The tool works great for what I wanted, transferring a measurement to another piece. The older versions of this are made of wood with no marks on the device, only a nail and a large block that slides.
I am very happy with this product and would recommend this product to others.