Repetitive flutes are a great way to add style to columns, molding or furniture parts, but machining them can be a true test of patience. Fortunately, this innovative jig makes it fast and easy to rout perfect flutes with even spacing — every time.
Two low-friction, underside rails straddle your work piece, allowing the jig to slide smoothly along boards up to 9-1/2" wide, which is wide enough to cut flutes evently spaced over 8'' wide. The router mounts to a pre-drilled acrylic centerpiece, which slides laterally to rout out flute after flute. Scales on the centerpiece and writable/erasable indexing surfaces make setup simple.
- Pre-drilled to fit most routers on the market
- Easy to custom drill for non-standard routers
- Zero mark on scales aligns with center of bit
- Built with MDF, aluminum and phenolic for long lasting durability.
Easy to use!
1. Attach your router.
2. Mark for your flutes on the yellow pad.
3. "Zero out" the metal scale with your first mark.
4. Lock down the acrylic base.
5. Plough out the flute.
6. Slide the base to your next mark, lock it down, plough another flute...and so on until your piece is done!
|Manufacturer Part Number||TAFJ-12|
Recommended Router Bits
- #90891 - Core Box Bits (sold separately)
- #90869 - V-Groove Bits (sold separately)
- #20064 - Straight Bits (sold separately)
- #22602 - Slot Wall Bits (sold separately)
(1) Jig base, (1) acrylic router plate, (2) plate guides with write/erase surface, (1) adjustable fence, (1) fixed fence, (2) scales, (2) adjustable fence knobs and (2) router plate knobs
34 Review(s)View All
The Jig fantasticPosted June 11, 2014
Simple, fast and repeatablePosted April 24, 2014
I love this jig! My wife...Posted November 15, 2012