- Safety System: Automatically stops and retracts the blade on contact with skin.
- Blade Guard: Micro Blade Guard's multiple shield plates protect from flying debris.
- Tool-Free Quick-Change Blade Guard Mount: Make fast and easy transitions between blade guard and riving knife with no tools required.
- Quick-Release, Zero-Clearance Insert: Features a quick-release mechanism for tool-free access to the saw cavity.
- Award-Winning Dust Collection: Patent pending under table advanced airflow control system captures dust at the blade and directs it out of the saw through the dust collection port.
- Fence and Rails: The standard 30" Premium Fence and Rail is a high quality T-Style Design, featuring smooth operation and firm lockdown. The 36" or 52" T-Glide professional fence/rail systems are also available.
- Fit and Finish: Attention to detail, premium craftsmanship and rigorous engineering combine to create a saw you'll love to use.
- Precision Alignment System: Adjust the blade and table alignment with precision not found on other saws.
- SawStop 1.75 HP Professional Cabinet Saw Features 120-volt Power Access
- SawStop, Delta Tools and Powermatic Earn Chris Marshall's Picks as Top Cabinet Saws
- SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw Comes with a Patented Safe Brake System
- SawStop 10" Professional Cabinet Saw Offers New Safety Features and Improved Dust Collection
- Exploring the Safety Features on SawStop Brand Table and Cabinet Saws
- How SawStop's Blade Stop Functions
|Manufacturer Part Number||PCS175-TGP236|
|Dust Collection||4" Port|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||3-1/8"|
|Dimensions||20" x 27"|
3 Review(s)View All
Amazing Saw-Amazing Rockler StaffPosted March 5, 2015
I visited Rockler in Orange on more than a few occasions trying to make up my mind. It’s an investment so I wanted to be sure. The staff was excellent. All they did was answer questions and share stories. No pressure, just sincere help and guidance. I ended up going with the SawStop Professional based on the quality but more importantly the safety. I've had my share of tool mishaps in my life, some stupid mistakes on my part while others just bad luck. I realized that with a tool like this and the fact that I'm not going to be upgrading every few years why not invest in the tool that can potentially save me and my body parts. Just look at the extra money being spent then average that over the total amount of years you'll be using the saw. It just makes sense to have that extra amount of safety. Accidents can happen to the best of us, I’d just prefer not learning the hard way.
Thanks to Guy, Mike and the rest of the guys I had my saw paid for and delivered later that same afternoon. The assembly instructions are by far the best I've ever seen on any product and make assembly a piece of cake (just make sure to follow the steps!!! I skipped ahead and tightened a bolt that I had to go back and loosen because I didn't follow directions….no big deal…just laughed at myself). The fit and finish are excellent. In short I have ZERO buyer’s remorse and nothing but praise for the guys at Rockler in Orange.
A joy to usePosted September 25, 2014
I picked this up at my local Rockler store and avoided the shipping fees. Getting it home with just two people was a task since this thing weights a ton but we managed. Assembly took me about 6 hours since there are lots of parts in the 5 boxes I received including the mobile base. Be sure to install the mobile first if you plan to buy it as it's much easier to assemble it while the saw is laying on it's side. The instructions were excellent, you really have to be trying to screw things up here.
Once assembled, It took me about another 5 hours to tune the saw. I've read many reviews where people say their saw was within tolerance straight out the box but with my luck, mine wasn't. I was perfectly okay with that since it gave me a chance to really understand my saw inside and out. I spent lots of time adjusting my saw to get it within .001" or just under that. At times I would get it within .002" which the manual states is within the acceptable range but I would continue to adjust it more to get it as close to perfect as I could which is why it took so long. Call me anal but why spend so much money on a saw that allows you to adjust it to almost perfect to only skip out on it.
I didn't use the blade that came with the saw but instead I installed my old Diablo blade on it to see how well it does. With my old saw, I got a lot of burning when making cuts no matter what I did so I wanted to see if it was due to the blade. NOPE!! I made a few test cuts and the pieces came out smooth as butter. I plan to pick up a new Forrest WW2 blade this weekend to make this saw even better!
Customer service from SawStop was next to none. Again with my luck, my blade insert was defective out the box. I called SawStop and a person picked up instead of a machine. She transferred me over to tech support and the tech knew exactly what I was talking about when I tried to explain to him what I think was wrong with the insert. Since I hadn't register my saw yet, he did that for me while I was on the phone with him and said he would send a new insert out to me the same day. I had plan to convert my saw to 240v power and the manual said I would need to replace the contactor box ($40 part) on the saw with one rated for 240v. So I also asked if I could order that from them while I was on the phone with him. The tech was more then happy to help me place my order and said he would ship it out with my insert which saved me $10 on shipping fees if I had ordered it on their online website. I placed my order on a Monday and it was sitting on my doorsteps on Wednesday afternoon waiting for me.
Dust collection on the saw is great as well. I hooked it up to my Jet 1HP dust collector and it does a wonderful job keeping my floors clean. I haven't gotten the dust collection blade guard yet so I do get a little bit of dust on the table top but that's to be expected. I would get a pile of dust on the floor with my old saw after only a few cuts, but not with my SawStop saw.
So far I'm more then happy with my saw and can't wait to use it some more.
Great saw!!!Posted June 20, 2014
After assembly, saw was completely within tolerances - only thing I had to adjust was the fence gauge because I use thin kerf instead of standard blades (fence gauge was dead on for the combination blade that came with the saw.
I have done cross cuts, rips, miters, and bevel cuts in oak, plywood, and doug fir. Bevel and fence gauges are dead on.
Blade changes are really easy, I can switch between cross cut and rip blades in under 2 minutes.
Only issue I've encountered is that even with the dust collection blade guard, dust collection isn't that good above the table. I blame the zero tolerance throat plate - there just isn't enough error moving past the blade, even with my 1200 CFM collector. Not a major issue, but my old cheap Ryobi had better dust collection than this.
All and all, very pleased with the saw. It's a bit pricy, but worth it because it's both a great saw and for the piece of mind knowing my fingers are going to stay in place.