- Safety System: Automatically stops and retracts the blade on contact with skin.
- Dust Collection Blade Guard: Low profile guard collects above table dust and minimizes blade exposure.
- Tool-Free Quick-Change Blade Guard Mount: Make fast and easy transitions between blade guard and riving knife with no tools required.
- Quick-Release, Zero-Clearance Insert: Features a quick-release mechanism for tool-free access to the saw cavity.
- 99% Efficient Dust Collection: Advanced control of over-and-under table airflow captures dust at the blade and directs it out of the saw.
- Fence and Rails: Infinitely adjustable T-Glide rail system and widely spaced glide plates provide smooth travel along the length of the table.
- Fit and Finish: Attention to detail, premium craftsmanship and rigorous engineering combine to create a saw you'll love to use.
- Precision Alignment System: Adjust the blade and table alignment with precision not found on other saws.
|Manufacturer Part Number||PCS31230-TGP236|
|Dust Collection||4" Port|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||3-1/8"|
|Dimensions||20" x 27"|
Customer Reviews1 Review(s)
Outstanding in every wayPosted December 5, 2013
I had reached the conclusion that I needed to move beyond my first cabinet saw (name unspecified, but entry level). While it did a pretty good job, my demand for more accuracy and vibration control prompted me to look at a higher end saw. Dust control was also high on my list.
While I initially was looking at the Unisaw, my Rockler salesman pointed out the then-new SawStop sitting next to it. I looked at the build quality, dust control, the fence and all the other great features of the SawStop and then factored in the safety angle, and I was sold. That was just the beginning.
I ordered the 3HP Pro, added the mobile base and the 48" table extension. I waited, impatiently, for the 5 days it took to get one shipped to my Burnsville, MN store. The day finally arrived, I picked it up and took it home.
Let me say first,that this is a heavy saw. It comes in a beautifully packed large box, encased in styrofoam. All the other parts, fence, mobile base, etc., were packaged separately. So getting this baby off my pickup presented a problem. Fortunately, I was able to back my truck right up to the big roll-up door I have on my shop and hang the tailgate into the shop. I unpacked it all carefully, piece by piece leaving only the main body of the saw to handle. By carefully tipping and sliding, I was able gently settle the saw body on the floor.
I laid out all the pieces. Now, let me say a word about the assembly process. The manual that comes with this saw is a work of art in and of itself. I have assembled many things in my years, from swingsets to bookcases, and never have I beheld such a thorough, color coded and complete manual. Seriously, guys, this is a delight to assemble. Not only that, but every nut, screw, washer and pin is blister-packed on a large cardboard backer, color coded to the assembly manual, each exactly coordinated with the step you're working on. It's saw assembly for dummies, but Oh so smart. You'll look forward to the next step. It's that easy.
It took me several hours to assemble the saw. I highly recommend the mobile base for it, as it makes moving the saw around just a snap. It's an easy assembly, and works very well. I'm just sayin'.
The build quality, fit and finish, everything about this saw is first class. The motor mounts are solid, the steel top is razor sharp and so well made. I'm tellin' you guys, this saw is a thing of beauty. All the factory adjustments were perfect, the only thing I had to do was adjust the saw stop mechanism for the exact blade that I installed. That's it.
AS far as using the saw is concerned, once you've set up and adjusted the fence (you have to square it up, etc.) it' set it and forget it. I find it extremely accurate even when cutting 36 or more inches away or within an inch of the blade. The dust collection (BY ALL MEANS buy the dust collection kit (http://www.rockler.com/sawstop-overarm-dust-collection-for-cns-table-saws) Seriously, your shop vac will capture all the dust off the top of the blade, or if you're fortunate enough to have a larger dust control system it will serve both the large cabinet dust bin as well as the blade. Great stuff.
I could go on, but in conclusion, this is a great saw from every angle, and would be terrific just as a high end cabinet saw. BUT when throw in the SawStop safety mechanism, it's an unbeatable value. Your spouse will appreciate the safety as well. You cannot go wrong with a SawStop saw...and no, I was not paid for this review! After more than two years of using this saw, a-lot, I'm still a happy wood-butcher.