A fold down bed mechanism is perfect for guests, small rooms and apartments. This finely engineered hardware is counterbalanced for smooth operation without binding or overextending. Mechanism uses a sophisticated piston lift system rather than old-fashioned springs that can snap back. Beds are held securely closed, and open gently for added safety. Steel pivot pin and bracket points install easily without adjustments. Includes instructions for basic cabinet construction and instructional DVD. Choose Side Mount Hardware in Twin, Full or Queen Sizes.
- No floor mounting required; Cabinet must be anchored to the wall to ensure safety.
- Cabinet can be made of plycore particle board or solid wood.
- Maximum Mattress Thickness: 12"
- Recommended for standard mattress sizes; no box spring is used.
Murphy Bed Basic Cabinet Dimensions
- Twin (#89583): 47-3/8" (H) x 79" (W) x 15-7/8" (D). Open Projection: 43"
- Full (#89591): 62-5/16" (H) x 79" (W) x 15-7/8" (D). Open Projection: 58"
- Queen (#89608): 68-5/16" (H) x 84" (W) x 15-7/8" (D). Open Projection: 64"
(1) Side Mount Murphy Bed Hardware Kit in either twin, full, or queen size
(1) Detailed Instruction Booklet & DVD
(Lumber and Mattress not included)