See our complete line of Turning Stock to complete your project.
Methods to consider for installing the threaded insert are:
- Use the pizza cutter/bottle opener mandrel (#43469 Sold Separately) and chuck in your drill press. Tighten the two nuts on the insert so it won't spin on the bolt. After the pilot hole is drilled in the stock, clamp your stock with a handscrew or a drill press vise and manually turn the drill press chuck to drive the insert into the stock. Safety Tip: MAKE SURE DRILL PRESS IS UNPLUGGED. The drill press will keep the insert square to the stock as it is threaded in. We also recommend using beeswax, screw lube, or even soap to lubricate the threads on the insert.
- This process can also be done on a lathe using a three jaw chuck in the tailstock to manually feed the insert into the stock.
- And finally, if you're using acrylics for your handle, we have found that heating the insert before installing it makes it go in like a hot knife in butter.
- (1) Brass Pizza Cutter (no handle)
- (1) 5/16" threaded insert to attach the handle