This plan shows you how to build your very own classic trunk.
Steamer trunks make attractive storage chests when adorned with our locks, catches, corners and real leather handles. Today’s Woodworker (issue 29) has the plans to build your own classic trunk. Measures 36" wide x 17" high x 20" deep. Trunk hardware blends function with beauty.
The #94441-Brass Plated and #74354-Antique Brass Platedhardware kits contain:
- 2 each of Item #90217Leather Trunk Handles in Black
- 1 pair of Item #23713Trunk Lid Support in Brass
- 1 pair of Item #89921 Classic Oblong Catches Brass plated
or #74326Classic Oblong Catches Antique Brass plated
- 1 pair of Item #90134 90° Stop Hinges Brass plated, 2-19/32" x 1-17/32"
or #7434790° Stop Hinges Antique Brass plated, 2-19/32" x 1-17/32"
- 1 lock of either Item #90168 Spring Trunk Lock Brass plated
or #74340Spring Trunk Lock Antique Brass plated
- 2 pair of Item #90241 Unpinned Loops Brass plated with out brad
or #74312Unpinned Loops Antique Brass plated with out brad
- 2 packages of Item #90275 Trunk Corners Brass plated
or #74319Trunk Corners Antique Brass plated
- 1 package of Item #90283 Center Corners Brass plated
or #74298 Center Corners Antique Brass plated
HardwarePosted November 10, 2013
These few upgrades would truly add to the longevity of a chest that should last long enough to be able to be past down to the next generation. Such a beautiful chest and such cheap hardware.