This plan shows you how to build your very own classic trunk.
Steamer trunks make attractive storage chests when adorned with our locks, catches, corners and real leather handles. Today's Woodworker (issue 29) has the plans to build your own classic trunk. Measures 36" wide x 17" high x 20" deep. Trunk hardware blends function with beauty.
The #94441-Brass Plated and #74354-Antique Brass Plated hardware kits contain:
- 2 each of Item #47087 Leather Trunk Handles in Black
- 1 pair of Item #23713 Trunk Lid Support in Brass
- 1 pair of Item #89921 Classic Oblong Catches Brass plated
or #74326 Classic Oblong Catches Antique Brass plated
- 1 pair of Item #90134 90° Stop Hinges Brass plated, 2-19/32" x 1-17/32" or #74347 90° Stop Hinges Antique Brass plated, 2-19/32" x 1-17/32"
- 1 lock of either Item #90168 Spring Trunk Lock Brass plated or #74340 Spring Trunk Lock Antique Brass plated
- 2 pair of Item #90241 Unpinned Loops Brass plated with out brad or #74312 Unpinned Loops Antique Brass plated with out brad
- 2 packages of Item #90275 Trunk Corners Brass plated or #74319 Trunk Corners Antique Brass plated
- 1 package of Item #90283 Center Corners Brass plated
or #74298 Center Corners Antique Brass plated
24 Review(s)View All
This was not my first time...Posted June 10, 2011
I am building my 2nd and...Posted March 20, 2011
I'm a novice woodworker and I...Posted March 15, 2011