Perfect for the small shop or woodworking hobbyist, the SuperMax 19-38 churns out flat, smooth surfaces with unwavering consistency, giving you the benefits of a wide belt sander at a price that won't break the bank. Gone are the dips, gouges and sore arms of the hand sanding process. The 19-38 Drum Sander offers 19" width sanding in a single pass and 38" in a double pass, perfect for flattening and smoothing raised panel doors and drawer fronts, table tops, cabinet parts and much more. The 19-38 Drum Sander comes standard on the Open Stand. The drum is pre-wrapped with 80 grit sandpaper.
- Simple alignment: Just one nut will adjust the conveyor parallel to the sanding head
- Indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 19", the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless sanding of wide boards
- Easy height adjustments: Thrust bearing below handle and nut above it prevents drum from moving out of set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism, allowing easier and smoother height adjustments
- Extra-wide 22" conveyor properly supports stock over 19" wide
- Drum will never go "out of alignment". Drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues
- INTELLISAND™ Technology automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load, preventing gouging, damaging or burning stock, providing consistent finish even with varying grain pattern and density, and greatly increasing abrasive planing and dimensioning speed
- Precision-flattened steel conveyor bed is reinforced with four steel cross sections for no "flex" in conveyor, guaranteeing flatness to less than .010" across the width of the sander
- Abrasive conveyor belt offers the best grip for raw wood, giving you the ability to accommodate stock that is very short or thin
- Patented abrasive attachment system effectively tensions the abrasive wraps, preventing loose or overlapping abrasives
- Easiest access to abrasive fastening system of any drum sander. Extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate need for special tools
- Self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable for height and hold down pressure, eliminating snipe
- Metal dust cover is formed to shape of drum for optimum dust extraction
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction for strength, rigidity and reduced vibration
What is the difference between the 19-38 Drum Sander and the 19-38 Combo Sander?
The 19-38 Drum Sander is an open-ended drum sander only; the drum is not interchangeable with any heads. The 19-38 Combo can be equipped with different brush heads for profile sanding (flatter brush head), distressing (wire brush head), cleaning reclaimed wood (nylon brush head), and sanding flat stock with a drum. The 19-38 Combo machine is equipped with an AC Inverter that allows the brushes to be run at variable speeds, whereas the 19-38 Drum Sander only runs at a constant speed.
Can I convert the 19-38 Drum Sander into a brush machine like the 19-38 Combo?
Although they look similar, no, it’s not possible to convert the 19-38 Drum Sander into a brush sander. The 19-38 Drum Sander is not equipped with an AC Inverter, which allows the brush heads to be run at variable speeds. The casting of the 19-38 Combo machine is also different from that of the 19-38 Drum. If you feel you want the option of using a drum and a brush, we recommend the 19-38 Combo machine.