Make quick, easy work of large-scale production sanding and get remarkably smooth, consistent results with this SuperMax 25'' Dual Drum Sander. Equipped with a continuous-duty 5HP 208-230V single-phase motor, it can handle pieces up to 25'' wide and 6'' thick. It features SandSmart™ Control, which automatically adjusts the conveyor speed (0-15 ft./min.) according to on the load to prevent gouging, damaging or burning the stock and to provide a consistent finish even with varying grain patterns and density. The precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross-sections eliminates ''flex,'' enabling you to precisely dimension stock within .01'' across the width of the sander. An optional ProScale digital depth gauge (1004533, sold separately) delivers enhanced accuracy. The dual drum configuration allows for multiple-grit sanding in a single pass as well as adjustment of the rear drum independent from the front drum. A Patented Abrasive Attachment System prevents abrasives from becoming loose or overlapping, and the machine's design includes additional space around the abrasives, eliminating the need for special tools. It all adds up to the easiest abrasive access of any drum sander! And the self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life. Requires dust collection of at least 600 CFM.
Includes cast stand, zinc-plated steel bed and centerless ground column tubes. Shipped mostly assembled (some minimal assembly required).
- Maximum sanding width: 25''
- Minimum sanding length: 3-1/2''
- Maximum stock thickness: 6''
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/32''
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 43'' x 46'' x 31''
- Drums: 5'' x 25'' (extruded aluminum)
- Drum speed: 1600 RPM
- Dust hood: Hinged steel with one 4'' vacuum port
- Height adjustment: 3/32'' per turn, depth gauge with locking stop
- Ball bearings (1''): 2 per drum (4 total) sealed and permanently lubricated
- Conveyor motor: SandSmart™ controlled 100 in.-lb. torque, direct-drive DC motor. Infinitely variable 0-15 feet per minute
- Drive motor (TEFC): 5 HP, 1740 RPM, 208-230V, 60HZ, continuous duty, single phase
- Power requirements: 30 amp service
- Shipping weight: 435 lbs.