Keep a razor-sharp edge on a variety of tools with this full-service water-cooled system. The Tormek method uses jigs to guide your tools so that only minute fractions of steel are removed at each sharpening. It takes less time and extends the life of your tools. The slow-speed 220-grit grindstone always stays in harmony with the steel tool-meaning the edge will not overheat and lose its hardness. And to finish the process, a leather honing wheel lets you polish the edge to a wood-sheering sharpness. Its industrial-strength 120 W motor is surprisingly quiet at only 52 dB, and has a 25,000 hour running life. The T-3 comes with a Square Edge Jig for plane irons and wood chisels, an AngleMaster to set and measure the edge angle, a tube of honing compound, an explanatory handbook, and an instructional DVD.
For added convenience and versatility, combine your Tormek Sharpener with the available Tormek Rotational Base (Sold Separately). With click-and-twist simplicity, you can now rotate your Tormek Sharpener in seconds to go from sharpening to honing, or from knives to chisels, both of which require the wheel to move in opposite directions relative to the blade.
Click here to compare the T-7 with the T-3 model.
- Shape tools exactly to your needs. It easily sharpens even complicated shapes.
- Once shape is created, you can resharpen the edge in less than a minute.
- Low speed allows you to fully control the sharpening.
- No sparks are produced, eliminating risk to your eyes.
- Dimensions: 230 mm wide x 200 mm deep x 260 mm high.
- Machine weight: 16.3 lbs (shipping weight of 19.8 lbs)
- Grindstone: Aluminum oxide, 200 mm diameter x 40 mm surface width, 120 rpm, 8.4 Nm of torque (also can be graded with the SP-650 for a 1000 grit surface).
- Leather Honing Wheel: 145 mm diameter x 26 mm surface width.
- Main shaft and stone hardware made from stainless steel.
- Motor: Industrial single phase; 120W (input); 230 V, 50 Hz or 115V, 60 Hz; Duty 30 min/hour.
OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES :
- 37605 - Profiled Leather Wheel (LA-120)
- 18772 - Universal Gouge Jig (SVD-185)
- 27774 - Short Tool Jig (SVS-32)
- 34715 - Woodturner's Accessory Kit (TNT-708)
- 40603 - Drill Bit Sharpening Attachment (DBS-22)
- 24201 - Turning Tool Setter (TTS-100)
- 29657 - Angle Master (WM-200)
- 60483 - Tool Rest (SVD-110)
- 38698 - Handtool Kit (HTK-705)
- 60491 - Axe Grinding Jig (SVA-170)
- 60509 - Scissors Jig (SVX-150)
- 60517 - Planer/Joiner Blade Jig (SVH-320)
- 60525 - Long Knife Jig (SVM-100)
- 60533 - Knife Jig (SVM-45)
- 37592 - Multi-Jig (SVS-50)
- 32426 - Square Edge Jig (SE-76)
- 24427 - Machine Cover (MH-380)
|Manufacturer Part Number||T-3|
3 Review(s)View All
If you are like me and...Posted December 22, 2011
I used this to grind a...Posted March 26, 2010
I've never used the T7, so...Posted November 6, 2008