Includes all the accessories shown, including DVD and Instruction guide  Zoom

T3 Tormek Sharpening System

Item #: 33377
$379.00
Each In Stock

Overview

Keep a razor-sharp edge on a variety of tools with this full-service water-cooled system. The Tormek method uses jigs to guide your tools so that only minute fractions of steel are removed at each sharpening. It takes less time and extends the life of your tools. The slow-speed 220-grit grindstone always stays in harmony with the steel tool-meaning the edge will not overheat and lose its hardness. And to finish the process, a leather honing wheel lets you polish the edge to a wood-sheering sharpness. Its industrial-strength 120 W motor is surprisingly quiet at only 52 dB, and has a 25,000 hour running life. The T-3 comes with a Square Edge Jig for plane irons and wood chisels, an AngleMaster to set and measure the edge angle, a tube of honing compound, an explanatory handbook, and an instructional DVD.

For added convenience and versatility, combine your Tormek Sharpener with the available Tormek Rotational Base (Sold Separately). With click-and-twist simplicity, you can now rotate your Tormek Sharpener in seconds to go from sharpening to honing, or from knives to chisels, both of which require the wheel to move in opposite directions relative to the blade.

Click here to compare the T-7 with the T-3 model.

Technical Details:

• Shape tools exactly to your needs. It easily sharpens even complicated shapes.
  • Once shape is created, you can resharpen the edge in less than a minute.
  • Low speed allows you to fully control the sharpening.
  • No sparks are produced, eliminating risk to your eyes.
  • Dimensions: 230 mm wide x 200 mm deep x 260 mm high.
  • Machine weight: 16.3 lbs (shipping weight of 19.8 lbs)
  • Grindstone: Aluminum oxide, 200 mm diameter x 40 mm surface width, 120 rpm, 8.4 Nm of torque (also can be graded with the SP-650 for a 1000 grit surface).
  • Leather Honing Wheel: 145 mm diameter x 26 mm surface width.
  • Main shaft and stone hardware made from stainless steel.
  • Motor: Industrial single phase; 120W (input); 230 V, 50 Hz or 115V, 60 Hz; Duty 30 min/hour.

OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES :

Tech Spec

Manufacturer Part Number T-3
Weight (lbs) 19.2300

Reviews

Customer Reviews

3 Review(s)

If you are like me and...

Bob B from Flanders, NJ Posted December 22, 2011
If you are like me and any thing and every thing you own that has an 'edge' must be sharp to the max, you need this tool. The T-3 is an excellent sharpening tool for everything. I believe the T-7 is just the more heavy duty professional model to be used every day for commercial sharpening. This is the same basic tool but without a cast iron case and it comes with a few less jigs. Which can be bought separately. I received this from my wife as a gift and I have already sharpened everything I can with the accessory jigs it came with. I am now waiting for several additional jigs to use with all other my shop sharpening. The previous review mentioned, "The only thing it can't do is flatten the sole of a plane." But it can! The instructions mention you can use the flat side of the wheel for this task. Glad I got this.

I used this to grind a...

David S from Macclenny, FL Posted March 26, 2010
I used this to grind a gentle curve in a hand plane iron by hand. Works really well. The stone moves slowly, stays cool, and you never have to worry about burning the steel with wet grinding. I'm not sure what advantages the T-7 offers over this, but for the money, I'd call this a good value.

I've never used the T7, so...

Matt T from Minneapolis, MN Posted November 6, 2008
I've never used the T7, so I don't have that to compare to, but I have invested a significant amount of money in stones and iron jigs. I really love this tool, no more getting tired of sharpening and calling it "good enough". very little slop in the jig helps get things square and it's true that it is very easy to duplicate angles, especially if your irons have a well established straight edge to reference. I find myself experimenting with angles other than what the iron came with because it is so easy to redo. The only thing it can't do is flatten the sole of a plane.

Write Your Own Review

Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register

Videos

• Tormek T-3

What People are Saying:

I have been ordering from Rockler for almost 20 years and have found their products to be very inexpensive and of high quality. Shipping is fast even when an item is back ordered. The best prices I have found anywhere."

- Orval - 08/07/2012

What People are Saying:

I have been ordering from Rockler for almost 20 years and have found their products to be very inexpensive and of high quality. Shipping is fast even when an item is back ordered. The best prices I have found anywhere."

- Orval - 08/07/2012
Feedback X