Jeff Jewitt, a world-renowned wood finisher, provides an in-depth coverage of tools and materials and covers all of the key processes. You'll learn about everything from surface preparation to color matching. Especially valuable is the coverage of advanced and special techniques, not usually covered in general finishing books, including detailed information on adjusting color, disguising defects, toning, glazing, spray finishing and "rubbing out" a finish. This comprehensive finishing reference is the most complete and detailed book on the subject - and you will find it incredibly valuable - no matter what your skill level.
- Covers all the modern and traditional techniques for coloring and finishing wood
- Organized for quick access, makes it easy to find each technique
- Features over 850 photos and drawings illustrate the methods
- Covers sanding and surface preparation, staining and applying topcoats, and final polishing
- Hardcover, 9-3/16 x 10-7/8 in., 304 pages, with color photos and drawings
- Published 2004, ISBN 1-56158-592-0, # 070712
About the author:
Jeff Jewitt runs a finishing and refinishing business in Cleveland, Ohio, and markets his own line of finishing products. He is the author of two previous books: Hand-Applied Finishes (1997) and Great Wood Finishes (1999). He has also appeared in two finishing videos that won the 1997 Golden Hammer Award. A frequent contributor on finishing topics to Fine Woodworking, Jewitt also teaches classes on finishing at woodworking schools and shows.
|Manufacturer Part Number||070712|
|Cover Style||Hard Cover|
1 Review(s)View All
Massive amounts of info and techniques,...Posted September 13, 2007