Every Tenon-Lok™ cutter includes a steel Setter Guide to create an impression on the base of the mortise for the wedge ring to rest in.
Using the Tenon-Lok™ system:
1. Drill a standard round mortise with a forstner bit or another bit of your choice.
2. Chuck the same diameter Tenon-Lok™ cutting tool in your drill.
3. Before starting the drill, position the Tenon-Lok™ cutter all the way at the bottom of the mortise.
4. Start drilling at a low RPM and push hard enough to extend the cutter's spring-loaded dovetailing blades. Let the drill come to a complete stop before removing the cutter from the mortise.
5. On a flat surface, place the setter guide over the ring with the sharp edges up. Fit tenon into guide and tap with mallet just enough to start the ring into the end of the tenon. Now you can proceed with installing the tenon into the mortise. Either clamp the joint together or use a mallet, causing the metal ring to seat itself into the tenon, expanding it for a permanent joint.
|Manufacturer Part Number||1/2" TENON LOK CUTTE|