If you're looking for a threaded insert for thin material, then you've found it.Until now, the length of most threaded inserts only allowed them to be usedwith 3/4" material or thicker, but the wide, flat design of this insert eliminatesthe need for external threads, allowing it to be used in material as thin as 1/2".Just use a 3/32" slot cutter or a thin kerf saw blade to create a groove in theedge of your material, drill a hole where the insert will be, and you're ready forassembly. Accepts any bolt with a 10-32 threading.Technical Details:
- Since the Thin Stock Threaded Insert is flat, it doesn't require the thick materialof a normal threaded insert.
- Wide profile spreads out the load of the screw to prevent pull-through.
- Tapped to accept any bolt with a 10-32 threading.
- Use a 3/32" x 1-7/8" diameter slot cutter to create the pocket for the insert.
- Most thin kerf saw blades also have a 3/32" kerf, and will work for creating thepocket.
- Made of galvanized steel.