Wet stone grinding with a slow running speed gives you full control while
grinding. The wheel will not shatter, and there are no dangerous sparks. The
quiet vibration-free industrial motor is rated for continuous operation, and the
honing wheel has a coupling for fast removal.
With the Tormek System, you do BOTH the initial grinding (when you shape the tool and create the optimal edge angle) and the sharpening on the same grindstone. The grindstone can easily be changed from fast grinding to fine sharpening. Because the grinding and sharpening utilize water cooling, there is no risk of burning the edge and drawing the hardening from the steel. The honing and polishing is carried out on a leather honing wheel.
- Includes FREE RB-180 rotating base (a $55 value) and Tormek anniversary ball cap!
- Square Edge Jig accepts blades up to 76mm or 3" in width.
- Square Edge Jig features safety stops, which prevent the tool from slipping off the stone.
- Truing and Dressing Tool with screw feed: Trues the grindstone exactly round and flat. Guided by the Universal Support, which also guides the jigs. Dual knobs for smooth feed across the stone.
- Stainless steel hardware: Prevents rust and wear on bearings.
- Universal Support with Acme thread: Round section without flat machining makes it faster to change position.
- Improved Horizontal Base: Double locking screws and tighter fit for maximum precision.
- Micro Adjust with scale: For a predetermined cutting depth when using the TT-50 Truing and Dressing Tool.
- 7-year warranty applies to all customers, including industrial users
FREE Tormek RB-180 Rotating Base:
- The Tormek RB-180 Rotational Base is constructed from a sturdy, low-friction polymer.
- The RB-180 Rotating Base will fit the Tormek T-7, Tormek T-3, Tormek 2000 series, Tormek 1200 series, Tormek SA-250 and the Tormek N-1500 sharpeners.
- Locking lever prevents inadvertant rotation from vibration.
- Low profile does not substantially affect the working height of the sharpener.
- No tools required to attach the sharpener to the rotating base. Simply set it into place—the integral tabs prevent the sharpener from shifting around.
- RB-180 measures 9-5/8" x 9-5/8" x 1"H
|Manufacturer Part Number||TOR-T7ANNIV|
(1) Tormek RB-180 Rotating Base
(1) Tormek 40th Anniversary Ball Cap
(1) Square Edge Jig
(1) Truing and Dressing Tool
(1) Stone Grader
(1) Container of Honing Compound
(1) Tormek DVD