Wet stone grinding with a slow running speed gives you full control while grinding. The wheel will not shatter, and there are no dangerous sparks. The quiet vibration-free industrial motor is rated for continuous operation, and the honing wheel has a coupling for fast removal.
With the Tormek System, you do BOTH the initial grinding (when you shape the tool and create the optimal edge angle) and the sharpening on the same grindstone. The grindstone can easily be changed from fast grinding to fine sharpening. Because the grinding and sharpening utilize water cooling, there is no risk of burning the edge and drawing the hardening from the steel. The honing and polishing is carried out on a leather honing wheel.
- Square Edge Jig accepts blades up to 76mm or 3" in width.
- Square Edge Jig features safety stops, which prevent the tool from slipping off the stone.
- Truing and Dressing Tool with screw feed: Trues the grindstone exactly round and flat. Guided by the Universal Support, which also guides the jigs. Dual knobs for smooth feed across the stone.
- Stainless steel hardware: Prevents rust and wear on bearings.
- Universal Support with acme thread: Round section without flat machining makes it faster to change position.
- Improved Horizontal Base: Double locking screws and tighter fit for maximum precision.
- Micro Adjust with scale: For a predetermined cutting depth when using the TT-50 Truing and Dressing Tool.
- 7-year warranty applies to all customers, including industrial users.
|Manufacturer Part Number||T-7|
(1) Square Edge Jig
(1) Truing and Dressing Tool
(1) Stone Grader
(1) Honing Compound
(1) Tormek DVD
8 Review(s)View All
I bought the TORMEK T-7 for...Posted January 5, 2013
I'll just add to the already...Posted April 5, 2012
The best tool sharpening system on...Posted September 1, 2010