Ideal for toy boxes, lid supports prevent chest lids from accidentally slamming shut on fingers. Lid supports feature a solid brass slide with a statuary bronze finish. Available in center/back-mount configuration in three load ratings.
- Allows lid to open to 85 degrees
- Use on boxes with a 3/4" thick back.
- Can be used singly, in pairs or in multiples of 3 or more
- Durable statuary bronze finish
- Includes 5/8" x #5 mounting screws
- Sold individually
Calculating the Number and Rating of Lid Supports
Use the following formula to determine the optimal number and rating of lid supports:
Lid width (front to back) x lid weight in pounds / 2 = Inch-lbs. of support required.
Example, using an 18" wide lid weighing 12 lbs: (18 x 12)/2 = 108. Therefore, either two 45-55 or one 95-125 Inch-lbs support would be an appropriate choice.