Ideal for toy boxes, lid supports prevent chest lids from accidentally slamming shut on fingers. Lid supports feature a solid brass slide with a statuary bronze finish. Available in right-side configuration in three load ratings.
- Allows lid to open to 85 degrees
- Use on boxes with a 3/4" thick back.
- Can be used singly, in pairs or in multiples of 3 or more
- Durable statuary bronze finish
- Includes 5/8" x #5 mounting screws
- Sold individually
Calculating the Number and Rating of Lid Supports
Use the following formula to determine the optimal number and rating of lid supports:
Lid width (front to back) x lid weight in pounds / 2 = Inch-lbs. of support required.
Example, using an 18" wide lid weighing 12 lbs: (18 x 12)/2 = 108. Therefore, either two 45-55 or one 95-125 Inch-lbs support would be an appropriate choice.
- How to Use Cyanoacrylate Glue for Temporary Box Hinge Leaf Alignment
- How to Select Hardware for Blanket Chest Lid Supports and Piano Hinges
- Routing the Basic Rule Joint for Furniture Hinges with Roundover and Cove Bits
- How to Join a Guitar Pick Box with a Rare Earth Magnet Pivot Hinge
- Top Trim Routing Techniques: Cutting Hinge Mortises
- Carpenter Kudos for the Lid Stay Torsion Hinge
- Euro Hinge Installation Tips
- Drilling Jigs for European Hinges
- Ways to Cut a Hinge Mortise
- New European Style Hinge for Lipped Cabinet Doors
- New European Hinge Offers a Compact Cure for Door Slam
- Glossary of Cabinet Hinge Terms
- Concealed Hinge Selection Guide
- A European Hinge for Lipped Doors
- Understanding Hinges
- Understanding European-Style Hinges and How to Install the Hardware
- How to Choose the Right Blum Hinge for Your Cabinet Doors
- Rockler JIG IT Systems Make Installing Hinges Easy
105 Review(s)View All
Bought this on recommended calculations for...Posted August 20, 2013
We use these lid supports for...Posted March 23, 2013
These work great. Probably one of...Posted December 19, 2012