- Available in 19 colors.
- 2 oz. bottle.
Mix with water for an economical, non-flammable stain or with alcohol/ lacquer thinner for a fast drying, non-grain raising stain. For use as a finish toner, simply add the dye concentrate to shellac, water-base finishes, solvent lacquers, and catalyzed varnish or lacquers.
- All colors are intermixable to produce custom shades.
- Ideal for tinting woodworking glues, touch up and repair work, and adjusting the color of pre-mixed stains.
- 2 oz. bottle produces about 2 quarts of dye-stain.
- Not for exterior use.
- How to Use Wood Stains, Pigments, Dyes and Toners to Evenly Stain Wood
- UGL Zar ULTRA MAX Wood Stain Adds Oil-Based Color to Water-Based Drying
- Altering Wood Stain with Toner, Glaze and Clear Finishing Products
- Wood Stain in a Nutshell
- Using Wood Stain and Dye Finishing Products to Add Coloration to Furniture
- TransTint Datasheet
- TransTint Dye - Amber MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Black MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Blue MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Bordeaux MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Bright Red MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Brown Mahogany MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Cordovan MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Dark Mission Brown MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Dark Vintage Maple MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Dark Walnut MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Golden Brown MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Green MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Honey Amber MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Lemon Yellow MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Medium Brown MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Orange MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Purple MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Red Mahogany MSDS
- TransTint Dye - Reddish Brown MSDS
1 Review(s)View All
Potent and FlexiblePosted February 21, 2014
Up front, the price seemed to be cost prohibitive. However, only 3 drops of black dye in a test sample of 300ml turned my clear batch of lacquer into black paint. This stuff is powerful.
1 drop in 100ml of water turned the sample nearly opaque, but only made a subtle change in color on the wooden stir-stick. Nevertheless, it's clear this product is cross compatible with solvent and water based products.
I expect to make a few more tests to get the right ratio and tint my lacquer to get the transparent effect I'm after without needing the whole bottle.
Don't let the price turn you away. For tinting and similar effects, the small bottle goes a long way.