Tried and True Original Wood Finish is a premium oil finish made with traditional varnish-making techniques and 100% natural, plant-derived ingredients. It provides a beautiful, natural sheen that allows the grain of the wood to shine through, yet gives plenty of protection for wood surfaces. It is safe for use with cutting boards and children's toys, and is FDA approved as non-toxic and nonallergenic.
- Tried & True Original Wood Finish is made from highly refined, highly polymerized Linseed Oil and pure Beeswax.
- This product is 100% solids, and has no solvents or heavy metal driers.
- Adapted from a Shaker finish and an English Arts and Crafts technique.
- The finished surface has an "antique" sheen, reminiscent of the patina on well-cared-for antique furniture. The finish will shine without appearing glossy.
- Original Wood Finish can be applied to revive any existing finish.
- Original Wood Finish gets harder and more durable as it ages.
Directions for Use:
- Apply thin coats. It is almost impossible to use too little.
- Allow the finish to sit on the surface for about 1 hour.
- Wipe down and buff with a soft, clean cloth.
- Allow at least 24 hours between coats.
- Consult the lable for instructions on disposal of wiping cloths.
- Two coats is usually sufficient on trimwork, windows and doors. Furniture should have three coats.
- Original Wood Finish will increase durability after 2 coats, but it will not increase in gloss.
- Buff with a soft clean cloth to maintain the shine.
|Brand||Tried & True|
|Manufacturer Part Number||ORIGINAL WOOD FINISH|
|Dry Time||24 hrs|
2 Review(s)View All
Good product!Posted June 16, 2014
I have used the original Tried...Posted October 2, 2013