Carbide-tipped turning tools are safer, faster, easier and more efficient thantraditional tools, which must be ground and reground to one of dozens of nonstandardprofiles. But how do woodturners get the most out of these new tools?"Turning Wood with Carbide Tools" is your answer to that question. Author JohnEnglish has written for Woodworker's Business News and Woodshop News,and was assistant editor at Today's Woodworker, and editor of Woodworker'sJournal.
- Teaches beginners everything they need to know about using andimplementing this exciting new technology.
- Gives readers a sound understanding of the technology of carbide cutters, thevarious shafts and the function of the handles.
- Explains the elimination of sharpening, addresses the issues of chatter andfatigue, and shows how carbide cutters can completely eliminate "catches."
- Includes a number of projects that can be completed right away using acarbide cutter-projects that would take years of experience to do withtraditional tools.
- The very first book to comprehensively discuss carbide-tipped tools for thecraft of woodturning.
- 120 pages
|Manufacturer Part Number||16-240|
|Cover Style||Soft Cover|