Here's how it works: Remove your old wall thermostat, replace it with the Venstar receiver and then remotely control the temperature anywhere in your house with the Venstar thermostat. Add additional wireless thermostats around your house (up to 4) and have instant access to temperature control no matter where you are.
- Wireless remote control thermostat
- 7 Day Programmable with 4 time periods per day and holiday mode
- Backlit display shows large numbers as well as the heating/cooling set point, and room temperature
- Can be manually operated or programmed for energy savings
- Up to 4 thermostats can be used with one receiver
- Transmits up to 500 feet, through walls and floors
- Manufacturer: Venstar
This kit consists of two parts, a thermostat and a receiver. The thermostat is a wireless, battery operated unit that can be placed in any location in your home (up to 500ft. from receiver) and will transmit radio signals to the receiver which replaces your existing wall thermostat. This thermostat allows up to 4 time/temperature settings to be programmed per 24-hr period and stores programs for 7 independent days.
Place Receiver Wherever Wires Are Available
The receiver is easy to install and is wired just like a standard 24VAC thermostat. Connect the unit wherever existing wires are available; the old thermostat location, in a furnace closet, in an attic or basement.
Place Thermostat in Most Important Rooms
Once the receiver is installed, the thermostat can then go anywhere in the building, and it will transmit radio signals back to the receiver. The transmission range is up to 500 feet, and it works through walls, floors, ceilings, etc. The temperature sensor is located on the thermostat, so place the thermostat where temperature control is most important to you your bedroom, the boss's office, a baby's room, etc. The thermostat runs off of 2 AA lithium batteries (included). The Venstar Wireless Thermostat can be mounted to your wall, carried in your hand, or set on a table or shelf using its built-in easel stand.
If more than one transmitter is used with a single receiver, the transmitters must be given different Unit ID Numbers. Only the transmitter with Unit ID Number 1 may have a programmed schedule or be configured. All configuration parameters are taken from the transmitter with Unit ID Number 1. Transmitters with Unit ID Numbers 2, 3, and 4 cannot be programmed or configured (except for set points).
When more than one transmitter is used, the receiver will only accept commands
from the transmitter that was last used (button pressed). All other set points and modes from other transmitters are ignored. If the transmitter with Unit ID Number 1 has a schedule and is in Program On mode, the receiver will revert back to following the programmed schedule when a time period change occurs, even if the transmitter with Unit ID Number 1 is not the current commanding transmitter.
Note: To install batteries, insert a small screwdriver in the slot between case halves and carefully pry the case apart.
Additional Features Include:
- Auto Changeover, 2-Stage Heat & 2-Stage Cool for use with gas / electric or heat pump systems.
- Thermostat is completely wireless, receiver can be mounted at unit or at old thermostat's location.
- Transmits at 418MHz using pulse code modulation won't interfere with other wireless systems
- Transmitter uses two AA batteries (included)
- 7 Day Programmable with 4 time periods per day, copy command and holiday mode
- Dual-setpoint with adjustable deadband (1 to 6 degrees) and temperature sensor calibration.
- All programming stored in nonvolatile memory.
- Thermoglow Electro-luminous Display.
- Display shows heat and cool setpoints, mode, and room temperature simultaneously.
- 5 minute compressor time guard and adjustable cycle limit, both overrideable for servicing equipment
- Setpoint adjustment range from 35° to 99° F, sensing range from 32° to 99° F.
- 64 house codes allow installation of up to 64 systems within transmit range with no interference.
- On board dry contact closure available to force thermostat into occupied operation.
- Meets California Commercial Title 24.
Do you currently have an INSTEON network in your home? Try out the INSTEON Remote Controlled Thermostat, which gives you the power to control the temperature from anywhere in your home
For installation help and Technical support on this item, please call your local HVAC professional. Smarthome does not offer Technical Support on this item.
Manufacturer's one year warranty.
- Venstar wireless thermostat controller
- Venstar wireless receiver
- 2 AA lithium batteries
|Manufacturer Part Number||30403A|
1 Review(s)View All
On page 2 of the Installation...Posted June 28, 2011