- Tree: May attain a height of 70 to 90 feet, with a 24 to 48 inch diameter trunk.
- Texture: Usually coarse, but uniform.
- Luster: Somewhat dull, but develops a lustrous patina after many years in use.
- Odor: Emits a mild, sweet odor reminiscent of cocoa.
- Movement: Dimensionally stable after seasoning. Absorbs and releases moisture more slowly than most woods.
- Natural Durability: Resistance to insects and fungi is very good.
- Working characteristics: Works extremely well with hand tools.
- Steam Bending: Steam bends well. (Roughly 78% of steam bended pieces survive without cracking).
- Strength: The wood is strong and is able to withstand extra weight with little deflection or bending.
12 Review(s)View All
Excellent WalnutPosted January 29, 2014
This was my first internet lumber...Posted February 26, 2013
I had a stockpile of walnut...Posted September 12, 2011