Bench Dog No. 80 Cabinet Scraper
Perfect for final smoothing, especially on woods prone to tear-out—no finger pain from flexing a card scraper.
If you've felt the sore hands and heat build-up from a card scraper, you'll appreciate the ease with which the #80 scraper plane does its job. It's traditional 45° angle is perfect for final smoothing of large surfaces, especially on woods prone to tear-out. Use it to clean up glue lines, scratches, gouges and to remove finishes in amazingly little time, all with just a fraction of the dust produced by a sander. Tightening the knob bows the blade slightly, increasing the depth of cut. Supplied in a high-quality, foam-lined black box.
- Produces smooth, even surfaces without tear-out, digs or gouges
- No need to flex the scraper, the tool does it for you
- Smooths difficult or figured grain without chatter or tearing out
- Adjusting nut varies the bite of the blade; just tighten for a deeper cut
- Fine gray iron casting with machined base and 2.7'' wide blade
- Blade is oil quenched, high carbon spring steel
- Requires only light honing
Note: This product ships with an 1/8'' thick blade. Due to its thickness, best sharpening results are achieved with diamond stones.
(1) Bench Dog #80 Cabinet Scraper
(1) Black storage box
(1) Set of instructions
|Manufacturer Part Number||250160|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.