Leave a silky finish with this premium smooth plane, featuring gorgeous sapele handles and solid brass fixings.
Bench Dog® Tools No. 4 Smoothing Plane
Bench Dog's No. 4 smoother takes the thinnest of shavings for an exceptionally fine finish. Used skillfully, it can be the final step before finishing, and it also makes a good general-purpose plane or first plane for your collection. Quality materials, precision machining and solid construction result in a hand plane that's an absolute pleasure to use. The sole is precision ground flat to within a few thousandths of an inch. The blade is made from thick 1/8'' hardened carbon steel for reduced chatter and excellent edge retention. Solid sapele is used for the comfortable tote and knob, adding a touch of elegance. Each plane includes a case, sock, manual and a Certificate of Inspection with measurements specific to your plane for sole flatness and blade hardness.
- Ideal for surface finishing and final smoothing
- Ductile cast iron body for superior strength and resistance to impact
- Adjustable frog lets you narrow the blade opening for fine shavings
- Easy depth-of-cut adjustment and lateral blade adjustment
- Solid brass cap iron and threaded fittings for smooth action
- Sole of plane and back of blade are flat to tight tolerances
- Blade and sole are treated with a protective layer of oil
- Certificate of Inspection included for each tool
- Minimal setup and tuning required before use
(1) Plane sock
(1) Black storage case
(1) Certificate of Inspection
(1) Owner's manual
|Manufacturer Part Number||250055|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.