Due to unexpected demand, this item is out of stock until approximately 12/24. Reserve yours now!
Ideal for fine-tuning tenons and other joinery elements—nose piece is removable for conversion to a chisel plane.
Bench Dog® Tools No. 92 Shoulder Plane
For fine-tuning tenons and cleaning up corners, rabbets and other joinery elements, the Bench Dog No. 92 Shoulder Plane is a shoe-in. The mouth of the plane is adjustable by sliding the upper section forward and back for fine or coarse shavings. In addition, the entire upper section can be removed for conversion to a chisel plane—great for nicking glue out of stile and rail corners. The 3/4'' blade is a hair wider than the full width of the plane body, ensuring clean, sharp corners without leaving a ridge. Like our other Bench Dog planes, both the sole of the plane and the back of the blade are precision ground and polished flat to within two thousandths of an inch. The sides are machined square with the sole. Each plane includes a storage case and Certificate of Inspection with measurements specific to your plane for sole flatness and blade hardness.
- Ideal for trimming tenon shoulders and rabbets, and performing other precision work
- Mouth is adjustable by sliding the upper section forward and back
- Upper/front section can be removed for conversion to a chisel plane and easy access to corners
- Setscrew in front section retains the mouth setting when reattaching the nose piece
- Depth of cut is microadjustable with the precision brass knob
- Finger recesses along the sides ensure a comfortable grip
(1) Black storage case
(1) Certificate of Inspection
(1) Owner's manual
|Manufacturer Part Number||250260|
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/wood.