Estimated Delivery Time: 7-10 Business Days
Bridge City Tools HP-8 Low Angle Mini Block Plane with Depth Skids
A precision mini block plane with removable depth skids that let you plane multiple pieces to the same uniform thickness.
Used in the traditional way, the HP-8 makes an excellent small block plane for general use, but with the depth skids attached, it turns into a precision thickness plane. It is the same plane that ships with the Bridge City Tools Chopstick Master, where it accurately smooths and dimensions chopsticks, but used freehand, it's ideal for planing inlay banding, guitar bindings and kumiko (Japanese latticework). Simply place a piece of material at the desired thickness under both ends of the sole, drop the depth skids to the bench, tighten, and start planing. The plane will stop removing material when you reach the desired thickness to within .001''. The depth skids are adustable for stock up to 7/8'' thick, and the iron can surface stock up to 1-1/8'' wide.
- Ideal for precisely planing multiple pieces to the same uniform thickness
- Adjustable nosepiece can be narrowed for exceptionally fine shavings or widened for thick shavings
- Fine-threaded blade mechanism allows precise depth adjustments
- Milled from a billet of aircraft-grade aluminum and anodized for a beautiful, smooth finish
- Plane iron is made from top-quality A2 steel
- Iron is bedded bevel up at 12°, with a bevel angle of 30° for an effective angle of 42°
- A 30° Honing Guide (#65815, sold separately) is available to help you sharpen your plane iron accurately
- See the optional 50° Honing Guide and Iron (#64788, sold separately) for planing highly figured and reversing grain without tear out
(1) Bridge City Tools HP-8 Low Angle Mini Block Plane
(2) Depth Skids with hardware
(1) Plane iron
|Manufacturer Part Number||803399|