CarveWright CX - 3D CNC System
A CNC with both large capacity and a small footprint seems like an impossible dream, but the CarveWright CX makes that dream come true. Thanks to the CarveWright's unique conveyor belt system, the machine can accept workpieces up to 12 feet long, despite having a footprint the size of an ordinary planer. Instead of requiring a space-hogging bed and gantry to accommodate large workpieces, the CarveWright features a precision conveyor that moves the workpiece itself past the cutting spindle along the long axis. Unlike many CNCs, the spindle is also built into the machine, meaning you don't have to purchase a separate router. With the included easy-to-use drag-and-drop software, plus the automated setup features built into the CarveWright CX, you can easily create stunning carving projects in very little time. Optional add-on apps can enhance your capabilities, while the CarveWright Pattern Depot gives you access to over 7,000 patterns and projects to download. Just point, click and create.
- Intelligent ServoSmart™ Advanced Motion Control system is up to four times faster than stepper CNCs
- Revolutionary software makes designing simple. Drag, drop, and arrange your designs with ease
- Included memory card stores your project files and plugs into the CarveWright so your computer can be be kept away from the sawdust—no need for a dedicated CNC computer
- Software is compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Machines soft and hard wood, plywood and MDF, heat-resistant plastics, and even foams
- Patented feed through system retains a small footprint, but machines large projects—up to twelve feet long and fourteen and a half inches wide
- Tiling Technique lets you splice multiple pieces together to create even larger projects
- Five feedback sensors tell the machine the size and position of your workpiece for faster setups
- Intelligent feedback maintains accurate positioning and reports problems instead of crashing or ruining the workpiece
- The machine measures your workpiece, tells you what bit to put in, and locates all of its index points automatically
- Pre-calculates backlash and compensates
- Senses slips and auto-corrects
(1) 1/16'' Solid Carbide Carving Bit
(1) Memory Card Programmer
(1) Memory Card
(1) CarveWright Project Designer Basic Software Package
(50) Sample Patterns
With the Rockler Protection Plan, you'll get accidental damage coverage immediately upon purchase of your tool. Plus, we will extend the manufacturer's warranty for your choice of an additional 1 or 2 years. We'll take care of all parts and labor for any repairs, with no deductibles and no hassles. If your tool can not be repaired, we'll gladly replace it. Available in the US only. Click here to learn more.Standard Manufacturer's Warranty: 12 months
|Manufacturer Part Number||CWD-CX-BASE|
1 year ago
- The software, albeit proprietary, is very easy to use and works great on Mac (download, try and compare to others before buying)
- The ability to import any image has made for great, unique projects
- The machine can be temperamental as noted, so consider the following a must: patience to leverage online forums for solutions (yet to not find one), acknowledgement that this machine requires regular maintenance, consider a dust collection adaptor a must have. I received timely, quality customer service when I did need to reach out to CarveWright (unlike others, it sounds)
To sum up my experience so far - a fun entry-level priced addition to my workshop that I see lots of potential projects for in the future while committing to maintain it appropriately.
called Rockler ts and was able to return the carvewright for a full refund...minus the cost i paid for the dxf import software (which is NOT included with the carvewright software).
bought the carvewright because it is Mac compatible, guess Windows and another CNC will have to do, carvewright sux.
4 months ago
I highly recommend a dust hood however. Rockler has one available, there is one on the Carvewright site, or you can make your own. Fine dust is the enemy; a top-mounted dust collection hood will prevent many issues.
I can also drill holes at programmed locations. The forums are full of cribbage board projects where it's mostly a bunch of drill holes.