CarveWright CX - 3D CNC System
A CNC with both large capacity and a small footprint seems like an impossible dream, but the CarveWright CX makes that dream come true. Thanks to the CarveWright's unique conveyor belt system, the machine can accept workpieces up to 12 feet long, despite having a footprint the size of an ordinary planer. Instead of requiring a space-hogging bed and gantry to accommodate large workpieces, the CarveWright features a precision conveyor that moves the workpiece itself past the cutting spindle along the long axis. Unlike many CNCs, the spindle is also built into the machine, meaning you don't have to purchase a separate router. With the included easy-to-use drag-and-drop software, plus the automated setup features built into the CarveWright CX, you can easily create stunning carving projects in very little time. Optional add-on apps can enhance your capabilities, while the CarveWright Pattern Depot gives you access to over 7,000 patterns and projects to download. Just point, click and create.
- Intelligent ServoSmart™ Advanced Motion Control system is up to four times faster than stepper CNCs
- Revolutionary software makes designing simple. Drag, drop, and arrange your designs with ease
- Included memory card stores your project files and plugs into the CarveWright so your computer can be be kept away from the sawdust—no need for a dedicated CNC computer
- Software is compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Machines soft and hard wood, plywood and MDF, heat-resistant plastics, and even foams
- Patented feed through system retains a small footprint, but machines large projects—up to twelve feet long and fourteen and a half inches wide
- Tiling Technique lets you splice multiple pieces together to create even larger projects
- Five feedback sensors tell the machine the size and position of your workpiece for faster setups
- Intelligent feedback maintains accurate positioning and reports problems instead of crashing or ruining the workpiece
- The machine measures your workpiece, tells you what bit to put in, and locates all of its index points automatically
- Pre-calculates backlash and compensates
- Senses slips and auto-corrects
- Any item that has been used, and is accepted by CarveWright for return within 30 days of the date of purchase, will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. Also, a fee will be charged for any missing components or damage to the machine, parts, accessories, and shipping.
(1) 1/16'' Solid Carbide Carving Bit
(1) Memory Card Programmer
(1) Memory Card
(1) CarveWright Project Designer Basic Software Package
(50) Sample Patterns
|Manufacturer Part Number||CWD-CX-BASE|
10 months ago
- The software, albeit proprietary, is very easy to use and works great on Mac (download, try and compare to others before buying)
- The ability to import any image has made for great, unique projects
- The machine can be temperamental as noted, so consider the following a must: patience to leverage online forums for solutions (yet to not find one), acknowledgement that this machine requires regular maintenance, consider a dust collection adaptor a must have. I received timely, quality customer service when I did need to reach out to CarveWright (unlike others, it sounds)
To sum up my experience so far - a fun entry-level priced addition to my workshop that I see lots of potential projects for in the future while committing to maintain it appropriately.
POS, most days I spin trying to clean, fix or adjust something on it. Then other days it works great, but those days are far and few between. Wish I had done more research on it. Never would have bought it. Day one, opened box and the front cover was just laying on the belts and it was cracked. Good start, NO. Customer service is when you call they have to get an engineer out of the manufacturing area.
I think I’ll try and sell mine as a BOAT anchor.
I highly recommend a dust hood however. Rockler has one available, there is one on the Carvewright site, or you can make your own. Fine dust is the enemy; a top-mounted dust collection hood will prevent many issues.
I can also drill holes at programmed locations. The forums are full of cribbage board projects where it's mostly a bunch of drill holes.