CarveWright CX - 3D CNC System with Dust Hood and Hobby Accessory Box
A CNC with both large capacity and a small footprint seems like an impossible dream, but the CarveWright CX makes that dream come true. Thanks to the its unique conveyor system, the machine accepts workpieces up to 12' long, despite having a footprint the size of an ordinary planer. Instead of a space-hogging bed and gantry to accommodate large workpieces, the CarveWright has a precision conveyor that moves the workpiece itself past the cutting spindle along the long axis. Unlike many CNCs, the spindle is also built into the machine, meaning you don't have to purchase a separate router. With the included easy-to-use drag-and-drop software, plus the automated setup features built into the CarveWright CX, you can easily create stunning carving projects in very little time. Optional add-on apps can enhance your capabilities, while the CarveWright Pattern Depot gives you access to over 7,000 patterns and projects to download. Just point, click and create.
- Intelligent ServoSmart™ Advanced Motion Control system is up to four times faster than stepper CNCs
- Project Designer PRO software makes designing simple. Drag, drop, and arrange your designs with ease
- Included memory card stores your project files and plugs into the CarveWright so your computer can be be kept away from the sawdust—no need for a dedicated CNC computer
- Software is compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Machines soft and hard wood, plywood and MDF, heat-resistant plastics, and even foams
- Patented feed-through system retains a small footprint, but machines large projects—up to 12' long and 14-1/2'' wide
- Tiling Technique lets you splice multiple pieces together to create even larger projects
- Five feedback sensors tell the machine the size and position of your workpiece for faster setups
- Intelligent feedback maintains accurate positioning and reports problems instead of crashing or ruining the workpiece
- The machine measures your workpiece, tells you what bit to put in, and locates all of its index points automatically
- Pre-calculates backlash and compensates
- Senses slips and auto-corrects
Package include Dust Hood and the Hobby Accessory Box!
The Hobby Accessory Box includes the BASIC Cutting and Carving Bit Set, 240-Grit Double Sanding Mop, and Project Designer PRO 3 software package.
The BASIC Cutting and Carving Bit Set features six top-quality solid carbide bits designed for durability and precision. Each bit (except for the 1/16'' cutting bit) features a 1/4'' shank that is permanently fitted with a CarveTight adapter for a slip-free fit.
The Double Sanding Mop is the ideal tool for quickly and efficiently cleaning up your CNC carvings and other contoured woodworking projects. Simply chuck the mop into a drill press or portable drill to quickly remove machining marks and prepare your projects for finishing. With 3'' of thickness, the double mops are great for larger projects. The included rubber spacers and nylon stabilizers can be rearranged to adjust the softness of the mop.
Project Designer PRO is an upgraded software package that features numerous advanced design tools and uploading capabilities not included in the basic software package. All available add-on modules (sold separately) are also compatible with Designer PRO.
Features of Designer PRO:
- Ability to perform two-sided carving
- Deep carving of up to 2'' deep when used with Long-Reach 1/16'' and 1/8'' Carving Bits
- Compatible with 1/32'' Carving Bit for the finest detail carving
- Advanced text controls, including kerning, line spacing and point size per letter/word/line of text
- Preview text on board while editing
- Decorate with text to apply to vector path
- Edit Envelope tool allows you to warp or distort text or patterns
- Decorate with patterns along a vector path
- Basic materials (textures) and the ability to manipulate those to create your own unique textures
- Vector Groups for adding chip carving
- Centerline Text algorithms rewritten for more efficient and cleaner cut (Centerline Text required)
- 3D puffing of Raster Text (3d Pattern Modeling Suite required)
- Open with preview option for patterns and projects
- Rotate virtual board to view front or back in landscape and portrait
- Custom feather option
- Lithopane preview (Open GL 2.1 or higher required)
- Automatic check for updates option
(1) 1/16'' Solid Carbide Carving Bit
(1) Memory Card Programmer
(1) Memory Card
(1) CarveWright Project Designer Basic Software Package
(50) Sample Patterns
(1) Dust Hood for CarveWright CX CNC System
(1) CarveWright BASIC Cutting and Carving Bit Set (Includes 1/16'' Cutting Bit with 1/4'' Split Collet, 1/16'' Carving Bit, 1/8'' Cutting Bit, 1/8'' Carving Bit, 3/16'' Cutting Bit, 3/16'' Carving Bit, Magnetic Bit Box)
(1) 240-Grit Double Sanding Mop with Spindle
(1) Project Designer PRO 3 Software Package