CarveWright CX - 3D CNC System with Dust Hood and Sign Maker Accessory Box
A CNC with both large capacity and a small footprint seems like an impossible dream, but the CarveWright CX makes that dream come true. Thanks to the CarveWright's unique conveyor belt system, the machine can accept workpieces up to 12 feet long, despite having a footprint the size of an ordinary planer. Instead of a space-hogging bed and gantry to accommodate large workpieces, the CarveWright features a precision conveyor that moves the workpiece itself past the cutting spindle. Unlike many CNCs, the spindle is also built into the machine, meaning you don't have to purchase a separate router. With the included easy-to-use drag-and-drop software, plus the built-in automated setup features, you can easily create stunning carving projects in very little time. Optional add-on apps can enhance your capabilities, while the CarveWright Pattern Depot gives you access to over 7,000 patterns and projects to download. In addition, this package also includes a dust shroud with a 2-1/2'' dust port for connection to your dust collection system or shop vacuum.
- Intelligent ServoSmart™ Advanced Motion Control system is up to four times faster than stepper CNCs
- Revolutionary software makes designing simple. Drag, drop, and arrange your designs with ease
- Included memory card stores your project files and plugs into the CarveWright so your computer can be be kept away from the sawdust—no need for a dedicated CNC computer
- Software is compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Machines soft and hard wood, plywood and MDF, heat-resistant plastics, and even foams
- Patented feed through system retains a small footprint, but machines large projects—up to twelve feet long and fourteen and a half inches wide
- Tiling Technique lets you splice multiple pieces together to create even larger projects
- Five feedback sensors tell the machine the size and position of your workpiece for faster setups
- Intelligent feedback maintains accurate positioning and reports problems instead of crashing or ruining the workpiece
- The machine measures your workpiece, tells you what bit to put in, and locates all of its index points automatically
- Pre-calculates backlash and compensates
- Senses slips and auto-corrects
Package includes the Sign Maker Accessory Box, boasting a wide selection of router bits, a sanding mop and advanced software features!
The Sign Maker Accessory Box includes the 6-piece BASIC Cutting & Carving Router Bit Set and 11-Piece Full Decorative Router Bit Set plus the 240-Grit Double Sanding Mop, and Project Designer PRO 3 with a trio of add-on modules useful for making signs: Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, and the Keyhole Function with Router Bit.
The BASIC Cutting and Carving Bit Set features six top-quality solid carbide bits designed for durability and precision. Each bit (except for the 1/16'' cutting bit) features a 1/4'' shank that is permanently fitted with a CarveTight adapter for a slip-free fit.
The bits in the 11-piece Full Decorative Bit Set set are carbide-tipped. Use them for a variety of decorative effects, dados, recesses and edge profiles. The set also includes a 1/4'' Split Collet and 11 rubber stop collars, necessary for installation in the CarveTight spindle.
The Double Sanding Mop is the ideal tool for quickly and efficiently cleaning up your CNC carvings and other contoured woodworking projects. Simply chuck the mop into a drill press or portable drill to quickly remove machining marks and prepare your projects for finishing. With 3'' of thickness, the double mops are great for larger projects. The included rubber spacers and nylon stabilizers can be rearranged to adjust the softness of the mop.
Project Designer PRO is an upgraded software package that features numerous advanced design tools and uploading capabilities not included in the basic software package. All available add-on modules are also compatible with Designer PRO, three of which are included with the Sign Maker Accessory Box (see below for details).
Features of Designer PRO:
- Ability to perform two-sided carving
- Deep carving of up to 2'' deep when used with Long-Reach 1/16'' and 1/8'' Carving Bits
- Compatible with 1/32'' Carving Bit for the finest detail carving
- Advanced text controls, including kerning, line spacing and point size per letter/word/line of text
- Preview text on board while editing
- Decorate with text to apply to vector path
- Edit Envelope tool allows you to warp or distort text or patterns
- Decorate with patterns along a vector path
- Basic materials (textures) and the ability to manipulate those to create your own unique textures
- Vector Groups for adding chip carving
- Centerline Text algorithms rewritten for more efficient and cleaner cut (Centerline Text required)
- 3D puffing of Raster Text (3d Pattern Modeling Suite required)
- Open with preview option for patterns and projects
- Rotate virtual board to view front or back in landscape and portrait
- Custom feather option
- Lithopane preview (Open GL 2.1 or higher required)
- Automatic check for updates option
Add-On Modules included with the Sign Maker Accessory Box:
- Centerline Text Add-On: The Centerline Text feature adds an additional rout mode for the Text Tool feature. This feature uses the 60° and 90° V-groove bits to follow the center of the letters for a clean engraved, v-cut look.
- Conforming Vectors: Conforming Vectors allows for v-bit routing along a carved surface. Without Conforming Vectors, these types of routs can only be made on flat surfaces. You can apply the conform feature to any type of vector cut.
- Keyhole Function with Bit: The Keyhole app allows for plunge cutting keyhole shaped mounting slots in items such as picture frames and plaques. This function includes a 1/4'' shank 3/8'' diameter keyhole bit.
(1) 1/16'' Solid Carbide Carving Bit
(1) Memory Card Programmer
(1) Memory Card
(1) CarveWright Project Designer Basic Software Package
(50) Sample Patterns
(1) Dust Hood
Hardware in Sign Maker Accessory Box:
(1) CarveWright BASIC Cutting and Carving Bit Set (Includes 1/16'' Cutting Bit with 1/4'' Split Collet, 1/16'' Carving Bit, 1/8'' Cutting Bit, 1/8'' Carving Bit, 3/16'' Cutting Bit, 3/16'' Carving Bit, Magnetic Bit Box)
(1) Decorative 11-Piece Bit Set (Includes 60° V-Groove, 90° V-Groove, 1/4'' Diameter Ball Nose, 1/2'' Ball Nose, 3/8'' Straight, 3/8'' Radius Classic Ogee, 1/2'' Radius Classic Ogee, 1/8'' Radius Roman Ogee, 3/16'' Radius Roman Ogee, 1/4'' Radius Roundover, 1/2'' Radius Roundover, 1/4'' Split Collet, (6) 1/4'' Rubber Stop Collars, (5) 1/2'' Rubber Stop Collars)
(1) 240-Grit Double Sanding Mop with Spindle
(1) Keyhole Bit, 1/4'' shank x 3/8'' diameter (for use with Keyhole Function)
Software in Sign Maker Accessory Box:
(1) Project Designer PRO 3 Software Package
(1) Centerline Text Add-On Software Module
(1) Conforming Vectors Add-On Software Module
(1) Keyhole Function
The software is expandable allowing us to only have to buy what we needed as we grew with the machine and type of projects we wanted to make. If you are new to CNC routing and carving this is an excellent machine and software to learn and grow with, there is a great online community and tech support to help users through most issues that may arise.